Menu

can't access WTM forums thru home internet - update, works now!! Update again, post #6

wapiti

I'm still having this exact problem. Is there anything I can do on my end?

Coincidentally, we had some internet trouble this morning so I unplugged the power to the modem and the wireless router, as I normally do in such situations, and then plugged them back in after thirty seconds, to reset the internet connection.  However, I hadn't tried the website this morning before I did that.  The website happened to work afterward, so I don't know whether the unplugging was related.

FWIW, I notice that now my screen is not automatically refreshing the WTM page when I go backwards to the previous page (which I am happy about), and I think that's a Cloudflare thing, as if perhaps the Cloudflare is "turned off."  But, I'm no tech person, LOL.

Adding, now as of this morning, I seem to have *lost* access to WTM via my mobile phone (Verizon).  And I cannot access many threads via home internet (laptop/macbook/ipad), but I can read some threads and I can read New Content.

*sigh* this is a sign that there are other things I should be doing...

I've had trouble every day accessing the site for several days now. I can usually get on after several attempts, but just about every time I try to access a new page or portion of the website, it can't connect. It gives me a screen saying that my internet is ok (and it is--I have no trouble elsewhere on the web), the cloud is ok, and that the problem is at the host's site/server.

• Like 1

Wednesday morning update: I can read the list of threads on boards, but I can only open threads on some boards. I cannot open any threads on certain boards. I cannot pull up New Content. I cannot edit a previous post. I cannot preview a post before I post it. Mobile phone access is still out, though the notice from Cloudflare comes up there now sometimes if one waits long enough.

I was, however, able to post a new post just now on Chat and obviously this post here. This selective-access doesn't make sense.

(On the upside, there were a couple hours last night when I had full access!)

Eta, Wednesday noon, I restarted my phone and now I have full access to the site that way! Laptop still gives me limited access. Maybe I should unplug the modem again LOL

• Like 1

I've had trouble every day accessing the site for several days now. I can usually get on after several attempts, but just about every time I try to access a new page or portion of the website, it can't connect. It gives me a screen saying that my internet is ok (and it is--I have no trouble elsewhere on the web), the cloud is ok, and that the problem is at the host's site/server.

This is exactly the message I get. Ever since Saturday evening I can only access the forums via the 3G network. And with my ancient first generation iPad, well it's like using an old dial up modem!

Wednesday morning update: I can read the list of threads on boards, but I can only open threads on some boards. I cannot open any threads on certain boards. I cannot pull up New Content. I cannot edit a previous post. I cannot preview a post before I post it. Mobile phone access is still out, though the notice from Cloudflare comes up there now sometimes if one waits long enough.

I was, however, able to post a new post just now on Chat and obviously this post here. This selective-access doesn't make sense.

This is EXACTLY what is happening to me. I just tried to click on Quote to quote you, and it did the "load part way but stop" thing. So I'm having to use the quick reply thing. Hopefully it will work.

I'm using a laptop.

• 2 months later...

So most internet service providers use dynamic shared IP addresses (identifiers of YOUR connection). Our cloudflare service blocks known spam, some hacking, and malicious attacks from IP addresses with a history of that behavior. Sometimes you might receive an IP address that has been used maliciously and clouldflare might block it. I suspect that is what might have happened. When you restarted your router/modem, the router/modem sometimes gets a new IP address, thus removing you from the old suspected one.

John

I wonder if this is happening to me on my home computer.  With my home computer, I cannot post on the WTM forums!