Menu

what can I do with an old ipod?

kfeusse

Is it an iPod Touch?  Plug it in to the electricity, plug a speaker into it, and run Pandora all day for nice soothing background music.

This is how my 1st generation iPod touch is still serving our family.  We plug it into an iHome and listen to Pandora or Tune In Radio.

i love the idea of using it for audiobooks in the car...what kind of cord do you use that actually will keep it charged while playing?

Ours is just a simple charger that plugs into the 'cigarette lighter' hole. It plays through the stereo system in the van. In our old van the stero was older so we bought this combination charger/radio adapter where it's loosed play of the IPod through the car's radio. I think it was about $20.

We also figured out that if we load the iPod with Overdrive audiobooks, they don't automatically return at the end of the check-out period. (They do return when you connect the iPod to a computer.) This is probably common knowledge, but it surprised me when I realized we'd been listening to the same Beatrix Potter collection for a few months. 

Re: connector, we use a specialty iPod connector that we purchased at the dealership. Probably fleeced on that one! Our car has  USB port, so we had to use a different type of connector.