Menu

Why is ANR allowed?

Sometimes I do not sign because it is a newbie and I know from my newbie days that I will feel obligated to give rep back. Or want to feel like a good Fairy and give positive rep w/o being known.

Or are you asking about anonymous NEGATIVE rep, which, I agree, should not be permitted. I got one neg. rep once that floored me as the person obviously misread my post and the one to which I had posted a response. Yet I could not clear things up since I had no idea who it was who was upset. So I ignored it and went my merry way.

It is not an option that the admins can choose. Here is what is on the page the admins use to set all the rep settings. I copied this from my board, which is the same as this one.

Enable User Reputation system

Set this option to 'Yes' if you want to enable the User Reputation system.

Yes No

Default Reputation

What reputation level shall new users receive upon registration? Make sure that you have a reputation level that is at least equal to or less than this value.

Reputation Undefined

If you have any user gain a reputation that exceeds your lowest negative level, then this phrase will be used for them. If you do not wish to use this phrase, make sure you set a negative reputation that is larger than the largest score (negative) that a user on your forum has.

Number of Reputation Ratings to Display

Controls how many ratings to display in the user's control panel.

Administrator's Reputation Power

How many reputation points does an administrator give or take away with each click?

Set to 0 to have administrators follow the same rules as everyone else.

Register Date Factor

For every X number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Post Count Factor

For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Reputation Point Factor

For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Minimum Post Count

How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?

Minimum Reputation Count

How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others?

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit

How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit.

Reputation User Spread

How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit.

vBulletin® v3.7.2 Patch Level 1, Copyright ©2000-2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Would it be too hard to make it impossible? I don't get it.

And I don't get ANR. I can't wrap my mind around someone not being able to sign their name.

What is that? I keep thinking about DNR = do not resuscitate but then the person couldn't sign his name:001_smile: