Menu

Let the late Jan/early Feb homeschool burnout ~ cabin fever thread commence!

Snickerdoodle

Our winter allergies are mainly from the park so ironically we have to stay in concrete buildings. We get sniffles and hives from most parks.

We have been hibernating at the spacious libraries. Parents night outs at YMCA helps too. We do have plenty of affordable drop in indoor playspace locally so that helps.

At least we have some sun today. We have a nicer week coming up for us here, and I hope to get out more. 

I'm not burned out on anything but winter at this point. And I'm getting tired of wet and cold. It's very hard on my bees. I've already lost two hives this winter and I'm worried about a third. 

So I really wish we were done with January and February at this point. :sad:

I have yet to decide which is worse for our homeschooling productivity, Winter days that are reliably cloudy, cold and blah that make us just want to curl up and spend your time with a book and some hot tea or delicious Spring days that are warm, sunny and tickle you with excitement that makes you want to open all the windows and dash outside.

*sigh*....I'm so tired of Winter already.  I NEED sunshine.

My blog is mainly about homeschool burnout.  I have quite a few post recently about it so if you are interested you can take a look. (see signature)  Burnout encompasses so many aspects of our life:  school is dull, we are stuck inside because of the weather, our finances may be a mess from Christmas, our home may be a wreck, we may be sluggish from winter wait gain because we haven't exercised because of the cold, our children may be bickering because of boredom, etc.  My best advice is to take care of yourself, realize when you have moved from burnout to something more severe, and change something but not a drastic change.   For example, don't purchase an entirely new curriculum because it will look old in boring in 6 weeks.  Instead, buy one new fun thing.  Or instead of switching methods completely, add in a week of unschooling or whatever. 

I'm just generally feeling blah these days for lots of reasons. The cloudy & rainy weather is definitely not helping. I feel burned-out from everything: post-holiday blues, homeschool, cooking, cleaning, laundry, parenting (especially special needs)...LIFE in general. :( I just have zero motivation. I just want to stay curled up on the couch or in bed. Ugh.

I'm just generally feeling blah these days for lots of reasons. The cloudy & rainy weather is definitely not helping. I feel burned-out from everything: post-holiday blues, homeschool, cooking, cleaning, laundry, parenting (especially special needs)...LIFE in general. :( I just have zero motivation. I just want to stay curled up on the couch or in bed. Ugh.

This. Exactly.

I haven't had the burnout this year so far, but we had four weeks off around Christmas, and this was our first week back, so there hasn't been time to be burned out.  I hadn't intended to take last week off, but we all had bad colds, so we did.  Maybe that was what we needed. 

My solution to being bored and stuck inside in February is to start planning for next year!  It worked last year when I was SO SICK OF COLD.

Yeah February is my least favorite month.  I'd like to skip it entirely. 

I'm stir crazy...AND I'm cold.  COLD...sooo ccccold...so sick of being cold.  Cold cold cold....

Yes...this....exactly!  I was born in February and I tell everyone that I was absolutely born in the wrong month...I should have been born in April....or maybe June. *sigh*...I may move my birthday one day, can I do that?