Menu

Are your earlobes attached? Kitten pics added

Azalea

Biology Questions  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Are your earlobes free or attached? Do you have hair on your knuckles?

• Free earlobes - my earlobes are free
    • Attached earlobes - my earlobes are attached
    • I have hair present between the second and third knuckle of my fingers.
    • I do not have hair present between the second and third knuckle of my fingers.
  2. 2. Hair questions

• I have a widow's peak
    • I have a straight hairline
    • I have curly or wavy hair
    • I have straight hair
  3. 3. Chin shape

• I have a cleft chin
    • I do not have a cleft chin

I'd love to help, but what do you consider 1st, 2nd, third knuckles? Which is closest to the fingernail?

I assume you mean attached to the face with the earlobe question?

I don't want to mess up your results. :)

Hi fraidycat, what I need to know is whether there is hair between the knuckle closest to the hand and the next knuckle, so the segment of the finger that connects with the hand. 

I do mean attached to the face with the earlobe question!! Thanks for participating!!!!!!

Everyone in my family has unattached earlobes. My widow's peak is there, but it's not a very deep one. My hair is wavy, but barely so. The wave is weak enough I wasn't sure if I should vote straight or not, but it does have wave (annoyingly so) and I can make it wave LOTS more if I style it right after a shower. I have only met a couple people in my life with a cleft chin.

Both my grandma's used to tell me never to date a man with a cleft chin unless I was ok with an indecisive man. I can't decide whether I find it sad or hilarious that they would judge the character of a man based on his chin.

Hi, I am Azalea's son and I need help with my biology assignment. Would you be kind enough to answer these questions? I will reward you later with a picture of our new kitten.

Hi Azalea's Son! 

Guessing from your mom's signature you're on an FTC team? WooHoo!  I have one on #4149. You probably have some competitions coming up- GOOD LUCK!

Hi fraidycat, what I need to know is whether there is hair between the knuckle closest to the hand and the next knuckle, so the segment of the finger that connects with the hand.

I do mean attached to the face with the earlobe question!! Thanks for participating!!!!!!

Whoops! I answered wrong, then. I do have a little hair between those knuckles. I don't know if I can edit; I'll find out.

ETA: I fixed it.

Everyone in my family has unattached earlobes. My widow's peak is there, but it's not a very deep one. My hair is wavy, but barely so. The wave is weak enough I wasn't sure if I should vote straight or not, but it does have wave (annoyingly so) and I can make it wave LOTS more if I style it right after a shower. I have only met a couple people in my life with a cleft chin.

Both my grandma's used to tell me never to date a man with a cleft chin unless I was ok with an indecisive man. I can't decide whether I find it sad or hilarious that they would judge the character of a man based on his chin.

That's weird. I have a cleft chin. So do two of my brothers and I think my dad. We are all very decisive people on most topics. I hate, hate, hate issues that are unsettled. I like to decide and move on and stick to the decision unless it becomes obvious that it was a bad choice.

The photos in below link would help. Look at top left and bottom right, the two extremes

http://udel.edu/~mcdonald/mythearlobe.html

That article looks interesting.

Funny aside: I had a friend in middle school who was a great comedian. Like all great comedians, he could turn any mean-spirited middle-school pointing out of physical characteristics into a great comic moment. He had almost no fleshy earlobe; his ears connected immediately below the cartilage curve. When someone remarked about it once, he quipped, "Yeah. It was a tight squeeze coming out of my mother." :D

I have one too and have always referred to it as my inverted widow's peak. ;)

Unfortunately, as I get older it just makes me feel slightly bald so I do the side part now.

Oh whoa! I can see yours in your avatar! I've never noticed anyone else with this, but I wonder if it's more common than I realize. Mine is also slightly to one side. Unless I have my hair pulled straight back I don't think anyone notices it though.