Menu

Who else starts back to homeschool on Monday 1/5?

We are. We're an all or nothing family, so it will be full swing. If I plan on just doing a few things or playing games, I probably won't bother getting started lol. My idea of easing back into it is to keep my own attitude and expectations in the right place. If I expect a bit of grumbling or "misplaced memories" then everything (usually) goes smoothly! The holiday has been wonderful but I think we're all getting a little antsy and are ready to get back to normal. One more long pull before we can lighten up for late spring and early summer!

Our plan was to do so, but I didn't get some of my prep done this weekend due to feeling under the weather.  I can feel something brewing in my chest.  I am trying to decide whether to bother tomorrow or not. We go year round, and typically take off about 3-4 weeks at the holidays. I suppose another 2-3 days may not be a big deal.  I usually try to transition us all back a little gently that first week, so maybe this week will  involve documentary watching, independent reading, working through their memory work boxes, and that type of thing ;)  That's what we do when I'm feeling too under the weather to teach.

We're starting back on Monday. I fully expect a "Not ready to do school all day" hangover by Monday night.

The good news is that dh will be awake about mid-day so things will go smoother from then on. The bad news is no one feels like getting back into the swing of things.

Our schedule shows about eight weeks before we have a break for more than a day (like for doc appts). It'll be a long slog, but we'll make it. 

I hope.

Well we were going to start up on the 5th but my work schedule this week gave me 10am-10pm days on Monday and Tuesday :/ So I guess we would start Wednesday but that's the first day of the kids ski program which takes up the whole day so realistically I don't see any school happening that day-or any Wednesday for the next 6 weeks for that matter! But we live in the mountains so skiing is an important life skill for these kids ;)

Guess we will try and start Thursday...

Count us in. I spent so.much.time over the break trying to make decisions about some changes that starting school actually looks inviting!  Now if I can just commit to these changes and see them through, for better or worse, to the end of the year. We're getting to the point that the frequent changes are worse than just sticking with a good, but not great, plan.

Well we were going to start up on the 5th but my work schedule this week gave me 10am-10pm days on Monday and Tuesday :/ So I guess we would start Wednesday but that's the first day of the kids ski program which takes up the whole day so realistically I don't see any school happening that day-or any Wednesday for the next 6 weeks for that matter! But we live in the mountains so skiing is an important life skill for these kids ;)

Guess we will try and start Thursday...

That's physics, yes?

We start, too. But it's just 5 weeks till we go away for two weeks, so something to look forward to!

Yup. There is no joy today in Mudville :-}. We'll start slow this week, and we have a field trip on Wednesday, but transitions are hard, so I'm expecting some screaming and tears tomorrow. And some of it may be the kids :-}. 

Raises hand.

However, my 12 yo ds will be one week post-concussion so he is on limited school duty and also has a doctor's appointment in the afternoon tomorrow.

Today when my  9 yo dd learned that we are starting back tomorrow, she pouted and asked if we could skip it. 

Ummm, that would be a no.

We are!

I haven't been on the boards for a year or two.

I spent winter break researching "packaged" options for my 6th, 4th, and pre-k children. So many searches lead here! We almost made the leap to Bookshark, but decided to just continue on with what we already have going for the second semester. My oldest two are in community college & working, and my high schooler is almost completely independent. I'm half excited to get back to the learning routine, half dreading it.

We are. Sorta. Everyone was sick the last two weeks so plans did not get finished, library books did not get picked up and we are out of food. So we will do co-op, ballet class, visit the library, run some errands and do math for our first day back. I am hoping we will be back to our "normal" schedule by midweek.

We did a full school day on Friday with the twins (2nd Grade) while my oldest was at a sleepover.

"Regular routine" for all resumes tomorrow, whether I am psychologically ready for it or not. :ohmy: All of our outside activities start back up this week, too, so it's going to be a full week.

Ugh... I'll try to wake up on time to bring DS11 and DD10 to ps - we have to be in the car by 7.  :nopity:

Then I plan to only do math and reading with DD10 and DD13 before I head to my book club at 11. Maybe we'll do double math to make up for the lack of other subjects this week...

Our body clocks need time to readjust to sleeping and waking at normal hours. Sigh. 

We are! Tomorrow is our day 1. I like to school from Jan-Dec, with breaks and just a relaxed mosey through the year.  I have a 10 year old in third grade, yes we are behind, and a 5 year old heading into preschool, and a baby to keep me on my toes. I am excited to start again and find our new rhythm. 

We are supposed to.  I have been looking forward to getting back to our normal routine in many ways, but also sad that we are back to busy schedule.  We have been off pretty much since Thanksgiving due to illness and then Christmas/New Year.  I am going to miss just playing around with the kids.

We did some things Friday and today (Sunday) to make sure we're back in the swing of things for Monday.  If we go into Monday cold, it can be ugly, really ugly.  As is, I think we're transitioning back ok.  Everything is prepped, dd has her plans, the tree is part way down, and all the handles and things have been cleaned of holiday visitor germs.  The wild part will be getting back into our YMCA classes (gymnastics and swimming).  That is gonna make it a little crazy, but it should be good for my super active bug.