Menu

Gratitude - Week 1

Joanne

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adhd daughter through solid focus studied for and passed her permit test with 100% on the first try. She was so tickled when the lady at the window complimented her for nailing it. I've been telling her for the past couple of years that hard work and diligence can be its own reward, and this was the first tangible evidence. I feel a turning point coming on. Thank goodness! It's been a hard road at times with this girl.

Ds 17 who loves his mama very much and is cooking supper for us right now (lamb gyros and salad with homemade tzatziiki sauce).

Dd 13 who is putting aside her fear of spiders to help me clean out the closet under the stairs.  

Dh who is working two jobs to support us even though he'd much rather give up his day job.

My health for not being as sucky as it was last year at this time.  

We have a park near us where the chickadees, red-breasted nuthatches, and tufted titmice are so used to people feeding them, they eat seeds out of your hands. My whole family had birds eating out of our hands for a half-hour. It was amazing.  The smile on my 8 year old budding ornithologist's face while chickadees ate peanuts out of his hand was priceless.

My MIL and SIL and nieces joined us for an impromptu lasagna dinner. I always love seeing my kids play with their cousins and spending time with my MIL and SIL. Very grateful to have in-laws that I really love and who love me back.

Great start to the new year!

I've been thinking about how good last year was in so many ways.  There were some scary health challenges (and I just got off crutches today!), but I also had some once-in-a-lifetime experiences here in Mexico.  So, other than the crutches thing, I'm grateful to live here in Mexico and experience what it's really like, at least a little.

For today--

Ohio State is only down 1 point at the half. :laugh:

My preschool plans are almost made for January.

Even though we were/are sick for nearly all of our 2wk break, we had a two week break and it is not over yet.

Didn't think I would say this, but I am actually glad ds could not come home for Christmas--it would have added stress we did not need. Sorry to not have seen him, but his sweetie was sick, too, and it would not have been a good visit.

Lovely thread topic!

I'm thankful for my children, each and every one of them.

I'm thankful for my husband. And as I drink my coffee, I'm especially thankful that he made me a delicious cup of cappuccino this morning, like he often does most every morning.

I'm thankful for our Christmas break, and I'm thankful to be starting back to homeschooling again next week.

1. My dear husband who spends a lot of time with the kids.

2. Our wonderful friends who threw a great family friendly New Years Eve party.  We are so fortunate to have them in our lives.

3. The laughter and fun we had at said party.

I needed this today.  Thanks for organizing this Joanne.

Jan 2:

1) My job at the kids' school. I love the concept, entity, staff and students and families.

2) My job at the psychiatric ER. I love the fast pace, the new case each time, the salary and benefits.

3) My Dad - supportive, his relative good health for being 80-something.

Jan 2: 

1. Big furry grey hooded sweatshirts

2. Tenderloin sandwiches from Cabana Grill (local place)

3. My son - we had a great morning together, drove around by some of the places where we used to live, he brought up some good memories - things I had totally forgotten. 

I'm grateful for my community - both here in town, and the extended Jewish community - the sense of connection and love is amazing.

I'm grateful for my amazing adult daughters - they are such lovely people, and I treasure the time I spend with them.

I'm grateful for Shabbos, our Sabbath, which gives me a sanctuary in time to retreat to every week.

My whole family had birds eating out of our hands for a half-hour. It was amazing.  The smile on my 8 year old budding ornithologist's face while chickadees ate peanuts out of his hand was priceless.

I am grateful for your post--for now I know what the fancy mouse birds we have been seeing are called. We were of course calling them fancy mouse birds, lol, so I immediately realized that your bird name might be what they are actually called.

Anyway, I'm grateful for four wonderful, well-behaved, mostly reliable kids. We both have jobs. We have enough $ for music lessons.

I'm grateful for a partner who used his vacation essentially spending time with our kids together. Awesome!

Day 2 (because it's Jan 3 here and I don't want to confuse anyone! )

I'm so, so grateful for feeling better today after 3 days in bed with flu.

I'm grateful for a hard-working husband.

I'm grateful for my extra kisses and cuddles this morning from dh.

I'm grateful for all our conveniences in this era.

For catching up with a friend.

For watching ds, who has ASD, at his play date. It was lovely to see just how much progress he has made in so many areas! He had so much fun and did so well with his regulation and conversation skills.

For just feeling very peaceful and content with life this evening.

I am very grateful for a fresh start and new year.  The past year has been a difficult one-we lost my father-in-law, my uncle, great uncle, and a cousin...my parents were in a bad car accident too.  I am filled with hopes for a better year and happiness that the last one is behind us.