Menu

any good after Christmas sales?

HollyDay

We've needed towels. Went to Kohl's last night to price them, had some Kohl's cash from Christmas purchasing. We bought 6 towels and washcloths, 2 hand towels, saved $124, spent $17.

I swear I have never saved that big when out shopping. I had maybe $30 in Kohl's cash, but between sales and discounts and a percentage off for spending more than $50, (???) we really only paid $17.17 for that. They weren't high end, but original price was around $12 per towel; $8 per wash cloth; sale prices $4.99 and $2.99 plus the other savings.

We do after Christmas shopping because everything is much cheaper than it was just a few days earlier. We were shocked this year to not find sales on things we almost always buy the day after. Dd always buys pajamas from Victoria's Secret the day after Christmas and this year they weren't on sale. They're always half off. Same with American Eagle- usually the winter clothes are half off and the spring items are being put out. Nope. 

I did venture into Athleta because they had a 20% off sale but the yoga pants I liked were $89 and even at 20% off, I can't justify that price. 

Dh did find some good buys at Sears- a few tools he needed. But all in all, not impressed with the sales. I think with so many people giving gift cards that retailers are realizing that having sales right after Christmas is costing them a lot of money in sales. 

Dillards department store typically has 50% off clearance on New Year's Day. I am going to try to buy a lot of gifts for the year for my family. It would be great to get some clothes for myself too. I usually get $ for Christmas and this sale is a great way to make that $$ go further.