Menu

Dr. Who Christmas special

liber

I have to admit I was disappointed to see this morning that Jenna Coleman is not leaving the show yet.

That pretty much sums up our feelings on the Christmas Special. Both kids looked at me as the credits rolled and said that I had told them she was leaving. Not at all happy with me or the show.

I'm worried about Doctor Who. The episodes just don't make sense for the most part. I mean, consider that moon/egg one.

The moon was an egg with spiders running around on it (we knew that because we saw the cobwebs), but they're weren't spiders after all, yet there were still webs. And then the new creature that was inside the moon, immediately laid an egg bigger than itself to become a new moon...Oh, it's all too much.

Why is the doctor so hateful to military people? He's always been a little uncomfortable around them, but the hatred? Where's that coming from?

It's like the characters do things and we have no clue about their motivations. I just can't figure any of them out. I don't mind a campy story, but it has to make some sort of sense within it's own world. I have to be able to suspend my disbelief.

I love Doctor Who so much. I am worried that people who haven't loved it as long as I have (from the 70s) will give up on it. I hope someone starts writing something that makes sense.