Menu

What did you receive for Christmas?

OnTheBrink

My son and his gf had a set of black and white photos put together in a frame. One is when dd was about 5, then one of her today; then one of ds when he was 3 and one of him today. I love it!  They also got me a gc to a local market that's sort of like a baby Whole Foods. GF made me a glittery mug with chocolates packed inside.

DD made me a painting of a bird and some orange scented body scrub. She also got me a Grumpy Cat car window cling, which cracked me up, and a set of measuring cups that look like Starbucks cups. With her dad, she got me a Fiestaware covered casserole dish. 

My dad and step mom got me a new washing machine in November that was part of my birthday/Christmas gift. 

It was a wonderful Christmas!

Jewelry from dh :D

Replacement flat beater and dough hook for my KitchenAid (after 23 years of use the old ones were beat up ;) heh)

Fun kitchen toys/gadgets from ds (he knows me well)

Super warm fair isle patterned gloves

A membership to Longwood Gardens :)

From my inlaws: gift cards to Lowe's and Outback. I think they confused me with someone else because ????

Me - three sessions with a personal trainer that I asked for, Molly Katzen's "Vegetables Dishes I can't Live Without" cookbook (I got this from the library and was so sad when I had to take it back!), and what blew me away - ds made me some new wallpaper for my computer by taking photos of my favorite cat Agatha who disappeared a number of years ago on Christmas (most likely a coyote) and making line drawings of them using some kind of a computer program.  

A hippopotamus! My sister made my Christmas by getting that for me (a plastic toy one), even though her boyfriend thought it was dumb.

My mom went way overboard, and I got a couple pairs of shoes from her, as well as a Swiss Army knife from my dad, puzzles from dp, and chocolates from dss.

From the kids-candles

From my mom-candles

From my dad candles

Lol

From my sister-a bracelet

From dh-riding boots and books on how to raise chickens and build coops. 😀

But the best gift was closing on our new home 3 days ago. It's beautiful, everything I could ever ask for and more. We spent some time there today, kids running around on the acreage, playing near the stream, bouncing on the trampoline and riding their motorcycles. I sat inside watching them through the huge windows and read my new books. 😊. Best day in a very long time.

Dh got the whole family a membership to the Y.  The kids already go for swim lessons and free Zumba classes, and have been pushing to go to the (free) Kid's Arcade each evening, so it will be super easy for me to go after work since I go there three days a week already to pick them up.

I also got a Fitbit Zip, a Chromecast (connects my computer through the tv for Netflix, youtube and whatever else), Photoshop Elements 13 (my old version didn't work on my Windows 8 computer), a really nice sweater, a weather station. 

Window tinting for my new car, from dh to me. I was getting it done regardless of the holiday, we are just calling it a present because he is the one who scheduled it and will take it to the shop while I am at work.

A long handled snow brush and windshield scraper from dh to me

A new Instant pot. (I dropped my old one and broke the pressure valve on the lid) From me to me 

A Starbucks gift card, from me....to me.  :0) 

Pandora One, from me to me.  A total indulgence since all it does is eliminate a few commercials and gives you unlimited skips.

Dh is very hit and miss on buying gifts.  I buy my own, to make sure I have something under the tree. Sometimes he adds to it....sometimes he doesn't.....this year, it was a snow brush.  LOL  Thoughtful, but also explains why I buy my own. 

My husband and I promised we would exchange one gift with each other. Of course, I stuck with the plan. He got a nice pair of shoes. He didn't abide by the rules. I got an entire new calphalon stainless steel cooking set. I think about 20 pieces total. I guess I need to cook Christmas dinner. :)

From my daughter - a book about famous side show performers and the soundtrack from the current Broadway revival of Side Show.

From my son - a box of home-made "Kind" bars and the promise to make more when I want them.

From my husband - this year's Pooped Puppies calendar (an annual fave), a book about the Rimanov family, family tree software, a subscription to Ancestry.com and autosomal DNA testing for both of us.

From my husband and sons: My recipe binder got an upgrade with a new cover and back cover colored by the kids. A divided tray to hold the little stuff on my dresser. In my stocking: A bunch of thrifted CDs. A bag of chocolate caramels. Lotion. Chapstick. Perfect.

From my MIL: Cabela's giftcard, some random clothes from Cabela's and a book on how to teach your kids Shakespeare, I'm going to take that last one as a sign she finally approves of homeschooling, which while not necessary is a welcome turn of events.

Pajamas from myself. I was tired of being the unshowered mess in the Christmas morning photos.

Floor mats for our replacement car (well, needed them and I did ask for them!).

Paperback mystery book from one dd (off my  list)

Couple nice pairs of comfy fleece pants from other dd

Stuffed sloth!!!! and a sloth calender!!!! (my FB avatar is a sloth)  and cocoa puffs from my kid sister

The Wind Rises on BlueRay

penguin documentary on DVD

money (to pay for Christmas) from my dad.

From DH;  The world's softest sherpa blanket, a pair of super soft and comfy pajamas, two paperback novels, and perfume. He totally hit a home run with the "snuggle up and relax" theme. ;)   From 10 yo DD: a pretty necklace and earrings.  From 11 yo: a lovely sweater that she's probably going to want to borrow :)

I am super-spoiled and completely blessed.

Dh and I decided not to do big gifts for each other this year, just stockings. So we did a family gift of a submarine ride. My stocking had a Yankee candle, some chocolate, some gel nail polish, silicone oven grips, and a replacement bathroom cup I broke awhile back. The kids got me a foot massager, but I may take it back.

Then dh surprised me with a day rental of a kayak and a stand up paddle board! I'm so excited to finally try it!

The big gift wasn't a surprise, but it's still very well-loved! DH and I pooled our money together a few months ago when it looked like the one Lego modular building we didn't have was going to be retired, so we could have it as a gift to each other. He also got me a book about the crown jewels of the United Kingdom (beautiful photography!), a new pair of slippers, and a pair of earrings I wanted. The children got me a few Nintendo figurines from my favorite games. Oh, and my mom got me the first season of the Donna Reed show on DVD, which I can't wait to watch! It's been a wonderful Christmas! :)

Dh bought me a beautiful ring with a small ruby in it...dainty and just the way I like jewelry. He also made a gluten free cheesecake.

I gave him a specialty lens for his telescope and a really nice padded lens case because he has numerous lenses and filter which go bumping around in an old box...not the best idea for transporting delicate field gear. He was tickled.

The boys received some software, hardcover books, a vintage Star Trek trivia game which they think is a blast to play, some collectible silver coins, and anti glare, anti fog ski goggles. We contributed to a new computer for dear son in law since his laptop is on its last breaths and bought dd some clothes she desperately needed.

My dh and children spoiled me this year.  I got a Kindle Paperwhite with an Amazon gift card.  This message inside the gift card said that it was to be used for fun books only, nothing for school.  That made me laugh.  My kids made my a clay reindeer and a snowman.  My dh surprised me with a new bowl for my Kitchen Aid mixer.  I have wanted a second bowl for a while, so I was really excited.

From everyone all told:

B&BW two shower gels and a lotion

$25 Target GC

Hot pink, furry, fuzzy zebra patterned body pillow

Bliss duo of hand cream and lip balm (from Sephora)

$20 Target GC

DH is going to "buy back" the GCs and I will get:

Grumpy Cat plush

Grumpy Cat book

3-pack Stormie Omartian books from CBD

Another book, a Message concordance, and a prayer guide

My beautiful, wonderful 11 year old hand-sewed this for me with my favorite Bible verse on it.  I seriously almost cried.

Beccasgift_zps406ae26e.jpg

Sweet Sylvia made me a paper snowflake and a paper cross.  I taped the snowflake on my window sheer so I can have snow any time I want.   :001_wub:

I received a whole set of Crock Pot Hook Ups. I'm so excited! I also got some gift cards for favorite restaurants we go to when we are on the road, a foot spa that I can't wait to use tonight, and various lotions and sprays from Bath and Body Works. From the in-laws I got a pretty black wristlet and a lovely blouse. They also gave us a gift card to a local Italian restaurant that is supposed to be very good. Bil and sil got us restaurant gift cards and a gift basket with all sorts of goodies in it. The best thing though was all the help ds gave us with dinner tonight. He was amazing and was even talking with our guests very nicely, which is a big thing for us.  :hurray:

My favorite gift is from my parents, who got me a heavy-duty red 3' x 6' table for our craft/homeschool room!!!!!

DH and I got each other a memory foam mattress topper. Sadly I love it and he doesn't even though it was his idea!

I also got all of Boy Meets World, a pre-ordered copy of the latest Downtown Abbey season, a fancy metal Starbucks cups, and a Hobby Lobby gift card. Lots of generous extended family.

My mom (and dad) gave chickens for me through Samaritans' purse, but she still gave me some money and a chocolate orange because she just can't help herself. :lol: You must have some sort of present to open.

Dh gave me earrings, slippers, and some candy.

The neighbors, that are are like adopted family and celebrate all holidays with my parents and us, gave me cashmere gloves and slippers.

And the dc, with the help of dh of course, gave me an electric pressure cooker.

eta: wrong poultry, ducks were last year, chicks were this year

My in-laws gave our family a trip to Disney World in January.  They cleared it with my husband and I in October but the kids just found out last week.  The trip is for both our 40th birthdays, our 20th anniversary, and our son's graduation trip.  We will be going in January.  Our presents went along with our trip.  I received Disney, Starbucks, and other gift cards to use on our trip from my husband, parents, and other family members.  My kids gave me bath salts, perfume, comfy socks, and chocolates.  My parents also gave me a sling type purse designed for the airport and theme parks and a lightweight shawl to take with.  My husband also gave me an apothecary jar (two of our boys broke my favorite one earlier this year), gift cards to Bath and Body Works and Michaels, and some kitchen gadgets.  We had a great Christmas and need to start getting ready for our Disney trip.

DH got me the camera upgrade I asked for! I went from a Canon 40D to a 60D. Love it! He also got me a wireless remote and an extra battery to go with it.

My mom got me some home decor that I asked for, as well as a necklace that says "you are never too old for Disney." I'm a Disney freak.

I got some gift cards.....Kohls, Longhorn, Cracker Barrel.

DD10 chose a back massager for me and DD7 chose a USB car charger for me (other one broke), plus some candy.

A book on permaculture and another on organic gardening. A ring. Normally I'm not a jewelry person but it matches dd's ring and has both our birthstone in it. LOTS of chocolate (like as if I need it, lol). New moccasin slippers, and an heavy throw for me to cuddle in when I'm out and about cause I can't sleep.

I bought a duvet/sham/bed-skirt set to go with the winter weight duvet dh wanted.

he still had me order a set of dinner/salad/B&B plates to start my own china service.  (it's a discontinued pattern)  we've had his grandmothers.  goes fabulously with my silver, and his grandmother's for extra pieces.  we've talked about china in the past and I picked a pattern then. it was his suggestion to get it for me for Christmas this year.

1dd gave me a bunch of piano books and a couple yoga dvd's off my amazon wishlist.

2dd gave me a pair of computer speakers off my wish list - and a future son-in-law.  he's very nice, and has exceptional taste - both in her, and the rock he bought her.  (he gave it to her in front of everyone on Christmas eve.  she knew it was coming as she picked out the band.)

we had great weather - it was pleasant and dry.  the sun even made a few appearances.  I had all of my children here - along with futuresonil.  (who doesn't seem used to spending holidays with his family.)

A book (that I asked for) from my daughter.  A t-shirt (also that I asked for) from my mother, as well as a Farmer's Almanac for 2015.  From my siblings: puzzles, a scarf, 2 mugs, nail polish, and GF cookie mix.  From Santa (no we don't believe in Santa... we just like doing stockings): earrings, a Hello Kitty Pez Dispenser (I've always wanted one of these), a candy cane with kisses in it, football cards, and Play-Doh.

Nothing.  :)  

There is nothing that I wanted, and DH and I are more the type that if we want something, we get it when we can - we don't wait around for Christmas or something.  So we didn't exchange gifts.

I think my ILs think it's really weird, because yesterday when they asked and we said that they looked at us like we were crazy.  Like serious looks like there was something really wrong with us.  :confused:  I don't get it.  If we both decided on it, who cares?

Not that it really matters.  Too much IL time lately, maybe.  :lol: :D