Menu

I just backed into Dh's van :(

Perogi

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas :(

I was just talking to the kids and not paying attention backing out of our double driveway and side swiped his van.  His van has a dent and scrape on the passenger side door and mine is scraped above the wheel well.  His van is 12 years old but mine is only just over a year. 

I know it's just a car but it was just a stupid, completely avoidable incident. 

A couple of weeks ago I backed my van into a pole at the post office. I was really mad at myself.

The next week, a friend texted me a picture of her bumper--she had backed into a mailbox. I felt better, knowing that I was not the only one. Should we all add pictures of our minor car accidents here? :) It really does happen to just about everyone at some point.  :grouphug:

We all have very clear memories of when my mom sideswiped her new 12 passenger Ford Club Wagon van (big car, very petite mom) at the drive through at the bank. Huge scrape all the way down the side and over those big hinges for the swing out doors. Oh what a sad day. Car accidents are the pits. Hope you feel better soon!

Aw, sorry!

I backed into dh's car TWO days in a row many years ago. Oops. (No damage, though -- just bumper taps.)

(In my defense, I wasn't used to him being home during the day. Lol.)

My dad has actually backed into my car too. (T-boned it & did need to repair one of the panels.)

Can you buff out the scrape on your car? Maybe you can minimize how it looks?

Unfortunately, many of us know this is not uncommon.

Honestly, I would rather have smashed a window or something that would cost a bunch but would get fixed.  This will not get fixed and I'll have to look at it day after day, after day, after day.....

I get that all of us do stupid things (dh has run into the closed garage door, put a pipe through the window) but it feels really crappy when it happens.  I'm still shaking my head....I don't know how I didn't see it coming.  I'm exhausted and was just on auto pilot I guess.

Dh is being awesome.  Amazing.  I remember bumper tapping someone in front of me at a red light in high school and when I got home my dad gave me a huge earful about what an idiotic thing it was to do.

Dh went out to take a look and said most of it is on my plastic bumper so where the paint scratched off it shouldn't rust.  His door is dented and has a white scrape but it's "superficial" - not all the way through the paint job.

You might be surprised what some buffing up with rouge (very fine grit polishing creme) can do for that paint if it isn't all the way through. 

I hate it when dumb stuff happens.  It makes you feel so...dumb.  :0/

I did that years ago.  Backed my volvo into dh truck  I also did not pay attention one day  that the garage door was up and out of habit pressed the button thinking I was opening the garage door well, it went down and I backed right into it.  I had to call a friend to pick up my baby from MDO because I could not get my van out.  Thankfully the garage door guy said he sees this all the time and just had to restring?? the doors and cost was a lot less than I had anticipated maybe $50 or $75.  

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas :(

I was just talking to the kids and not paying attention backing out of our double driveway and side swiped his van.  His van has a dent and scrape on the passenger side door and mine is scraped above the wheel well.  His van is 12 years old but mine is only just over a year. 

I know it's just a car but it was just a stupid, completely avoidable incident. 

I'm sorry!  I feel for you because I did this once, many years ago.  You are not alone.  I forgot that he parked behind me, but not fully in the opposite lane! He never did that again!  I had a dent in the rear left and he had a bash in the front right.  Now we have different cars, but that lesson has never been forgotten for both of us!