Menu

Hobby Lobby...oh.my.goodness...

Hikin' Mama

Today, for the first time in my life, I entered a Hobby Lobby. I about went nutsoid! There is so much cool stuff there. But because of my super duper willpower (ha ha ha!) I only bought two items, not including the two for my daughter-in-law, which is why I went there in the first place. I'm glad I don't have one near where I live. Or maybe I'm sad I don't have one. I haven't decided yet. :)

Yeah, I have one less than five minutes away in normal traffic. And my new favorite fabric shop is even closer.

I would be in big trouble it that was the case here.  I have to be willing to drive 20ish minutes each direction or just wait until I am back in town.

:)

The first time I walked into a Hobby Lobby I was in there for hours.  And then I filled out a job application while I was still there.  Happened that I turned it into the manager and we had an interview right there and I walked out with a management position. 

Great place to shop, even better place to work at.  However, a seriously good portion of my paychecks stayed in the store.  All the crafting hobbies I learned while I worked there... 

We have one about 30 minutes from us. I went for the first time about two weeks ago. I was totally awed, and I had to just walk around slowly, looking at everything, and getting my bearings.

I was there for the second time a few days ago, and it was an excellent experience again. I can run in and out of Michael's in 5 minutes, but I am not sure I would ever be able to do that at HL.

Today, for the first time in my life, I entered a Hobby Lobby. I about went nutsoid! There is so much cool stuff there. But because of my super duper willpower (ha ha ha!) I only bought two items, not including the two for my daughter-in-law, which is why I went there in the first place. I'm glad I don't have one near where I live. Or maybe I'm sad I don't have one. I haven't decided yet. :)

This is my favorite store!

Can I say I've never been to Hobby Lobby?! :ohmy:

I have a friend in another city that always raves about it...maybe I should stop by next time I'm driving through.

We always go to AC Moore...is it that much better?

We don't have AC Moore here but I find I prefer Joann to HL. We have a spot where HL, Joann and Michaels are within a 5 minute walk of each other so it's easy to visit them all in one trip. Sometimes HL had what I'm looking for but I'm usually yarn shopping and at least here Joann has better selection and prices. I guess it depends what you're looking for as to which store is better.