Menu

clearplay

cave canem

Clearplay is a total winner. You'll have to fuss with it a little to find your family's preferred filter levels, but it really does work as advertised 99.999% of the time.

You don't really need to maintain an ingoing subscription. You can occasionally re-up your subscription, download all of the filters and then cancel until you need a new update.

Clearplay is a total winner. You'll have to fuss with it a little to find your family's preferred filter levels, but it really does work as advertised 99.999% of the time.

You don't really need to maintain an ingoing subscription. You can occasionally re-up your subscription, download all of the filters and then cancel until you need a new update.

We used to have a clearplay player (back in 2006 I think) and didn't like it so much.  The movies were jumpy and they weren't filtered as much as we'd like.  Have they improved?

We used to have a clearplay player (back in 2006 I think) and didn't like it so much.  The movies were jumpy and they weren't filtered as much as we'd like.  Have they improved?

Well, I can't say for sure.  One person's too jumpy can be another person's totally fine.  We got ours in 2008 and it had a ton of filter options.  It took us awhile to figure out our family's ideal settings.  Once we had those set, everything was great. 

I might have to check out clearplay again.  There's so many things I think would be awesome to watch with the kids, but I'm not okay with the language and ummm inappropriate situations that they would see.  Two of my kids are older and even though they know about these things, there's no reason to expose them to it on a regular basis...then it just jades it and makes it seem okay.  If that makes sense. Thanks!