Menu

Looking for the nicest couples only resort in the Caribbean

dancer67

My husband and I want to go to the Caribbean. Probably March or beginning of April. We already have passports, as we have been to the Dominican Republic. We do NOT want to go to Mexico.

Looking for:(must haves)

Couples ONLY(no kids)

All inclusive

Plenty of white sandy beach with crystal blue water that you can actually swim in(In the DR, the bottom was full of coral and you couldn't swim)

Romantic

Palm trees and lots of them.

Swimming pools

Prefer:

Does not have to be a 5 star resort

Close enough to maybe leave resort and go sightseeing

A nightclub

Snorkeling

Any suggestions?

We  honeymooned in Couples Negril. It was really lovely and had what you wanted, except a nightclub (or we didn't go- I can't remember!)  Sandals Negril seemed to be a little dressier, when we passed it by boat.

We also visited Ocho Rios, and enjoyed it, but Negril had nicer beaches.

ETA, those are both in Jamaica. I do not recommend Jamaica for sightseeing.  Sorry 'bout that.

I keep hearing about Negril and their beaches. Looks beautiful. I am going to be looking into this.

I do understand about the sightseeing issues. We went to the Dominican Republic last year. Although the resort was stunning, and we had a wonderful time, the drive in from the airport was..............well..............scary. Men holding rifles, 5 people on scooters, our driver was flying through the downtown area, and it was very, very poor. Makes you feel very rich when being in a country like that and you realize how lucky Americans have it.

Thank you for all the suggestions.!