Menu

Bullet Journals for 2015

heartosunshine

I'm a pen junkie, so I'm always looking for my new favorite pen. Right now, the best ones I've found for my bullet journal are Pigma Micron 05, Papermate Flair Ultrafine, and the Pilot G2.

Another pen junkie here - I'm pretty sure my local office supply store is financed by my expenses alone.

I'm currently really enjoying the new hybrid ink (not as scratchy as old-school oil-based ball point ink, yet not as smudgy as water-based roller-ball ink.  My favorite is the Vicuna with Jetstream being a close second.  This ink seems to be the happy medium between smooth and quick drying. 

I have to admit that I already have a pink Surari (also hybrid ink) on my wish list.  You can never have too many pens, right?

• Like 2

Guest saradasma

Hello, Everyone, I am a bit confused by Bullet Journals in general. I set one up for the month following the video instructions at bulletjournal.com . It seemed logical, but I'm not crazy about writing so much with a pen. :-)

After I did that, I read further and discovered that there are other ways to set up journals. It sounds as though I would need to set up 12 or 15 journals just to cover the minimal number of projects I'm involved in. Each of my projects has dozens of steps, and if I kept them in my calendar, I would have to color code them or figure out some other way to make them stand out. That is probably not worth the effort for me, and I know I would start misplacing them.

Also, when you migrate a topic to the next month, do you have to recopy everything you wrote in the previous month about that topic? Is there a place online where I can answers to questions such as these? Thanks!

Hello, Everyone, I am a bit confused by Bullet Journals in general. I set one up for the month following the video instructions at bulletjournal.com . It seemed logical, but I'm not crazy about writing so much with a pen. :-)

After I did that, I read further and discovered that there are other ways to set up journals. It sounds as though I would need to set up 12 or 15 journals just to cover the minimal number of projects I'm involved in. Each of my projects has dozens of steps, and if I kept them in my calendar, I would have to color code them or figure out some other way to make them stand out. That is probably not worth the effort for me, and I know I would start misplacing them.

Also, when you migrate a topic to the next month, do you have to recopy everything you wrote in the previous month about that topic? Is there a place online where I can answers to questions such as these? Thanks!

I don't see why you couldn't use one journal for everything. You might want to group items together by project. Or you could make a collection page for each project and note it in the index, then when you complete a task in your daily list, go to the collection page it's associated with and check it off there too.

You don't have to do anything. If you don't want to migrate everything, don't. You might need to do some trial and error to find what works for your specific needs.

• Like 2

For those of you that use your phone camera to create digital copies of your journals, I just wanted to mention Genius Scan app -  a PDF scanner for your phone. It's such a handy tool to have for scanning documents. I use it almost daily. Its available in the Google Play store as well. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/genius-scan-pdf-scanner/id377672876

• Like 1

I had to abandon my bullet journal because I need to put things on dates in the future and the bullet journal just didn't give me a good way of seeing things in the way I needed to. I now have a Filofax into which I try and incorporate some of the ideas of the bullet journal. I also still use my bullet journal for making notes at work

• Like 1

For those of you that use your phone camera to create digital copies of your journals, I just wanted to mention Genius Scan app -  a PDF scanner for your phone. It's such a handy tool to have for scanning documents. I use it almost daily. Its available in the Google Play store as well. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/genius-scan-pdf-scanner/id377672876

Awesome, thank you!!

I had to abandon my bullet journal because I need to put things on dates in the future and the bullet journal just didn't give me a good way of seeing things in the way I needed to. I now have a Filofax into which I try and incorporate some of the ideas of the bullet journal. I also still use my bullet journal for making notes at work

I struggle with this as well. I'm adding the printable calendar pages (found here) but I constantly have my phone with me now so they may not be needed. I use Google Calendar for events. I have one main calendar with the family's stuff on it that's shared with hubby & kids. Then, I have a menu calendar and a church/bible calendar that's for my eyes only.

I use the bullet journal for to do lists (monthly, daily, and general collections) as well as a place to record conversations, doctor's visit notes, house repairs, etc. It's also a dumping ground for all the stuff running around my brain but I'm really hoping to be more creative as well as use it to focus on my word of the year, "Intentional".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a Levenger Circa notebook that has pages you can easily add. I get monthly calendar pages and add a page of notes/projects etc after that month in the calendar.