Menu

S/O Amazon - subscribe and save

SemiSweet

Toilet paper. I can't lug home big things of toilet paper on my back, so I order it.

Laundry soap and dishwashing soap. The brands I like aren't sold at my local store.

Dye free lollipops.

Contact lens solution (by itself it comes out even, but it ups my orders to 5 items, so I get a bigger discount)

Toothpaste

Fair trade cocoa (this might come out even, but I'd have to make a trip to get it)

Quince jelly (yum!)

Wellness grain free dog food.  It is what works well for my dogs and with S&S it is much cheaper then local area stores (by about $15) and bonus I don't have to lug the heavy bags home.

toilet paper

shampoo and conditioner

paper towels

paper plates

dog treats  (I think they are Yukes and Wellness brand but would need to double-check)

deodorant

dishwashing soap

laundry soap (occasionally, i have to watch the price)

trash bags   (honestly don't know about the price of these but it is one of those things we seem to run out of so was easier to keep on my s&s list)

and more

Diapers, deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. Just pay attention to prices, Amazon started out significantly cheaper but once they knew I liked a particular item the prices tended to go up. The per diaper price started about half the price I paid at Target and eventually doubled (I cancelled my subscription first).

Cat food (The cat food we buy is generally $40+ a bag locally. Amazon's regular price is under $30, and with S&S it is generally $22 or so...)

Personal care items (especially Burt's bees items)

Laundry detergent (do check prices)

Fish food and other stuff for fish tank maintenance

Toilet paper

I manage my subscriptions every month to make sure I always have 5 items so I get the 15% discount. There are some eligible items (such as hand soap) that are only a dollar or two, that I will add if I need another subscription to push me over.

I live in a city and I don't mind shopping so I don't use SS much. I do use it for our Sonicare brushes, my husband's hair producrs and liquid vitamins. It has to be quite a savings for me to justify the shpiping of boxes to my front door.

Toilet paper 

Dry cat food 

Kotex 

Wet wipes 

Cat litter and pads 

Dishwasher tablets 

Amazon notifies you when a S&S order is getting ready to ship, so I always check the price and make sure we actually need it. It's very easy to skip a delivery, change the date, etc. 

Some items save money, like the cat litter and pads. Others are more even or maybe even a tad higher, but save me a special trip to the store. 

Ziplocs and trash bags tend to be a good bit cheaper at Sam's. 

Toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, Ensure for dh's grandmother, gluten free oats, toothbrushes, batteries.

Some are only every six months.  I make sure I qualify for the 15% off.  The cat food (canned and grain free) is quite a savings.

My dad has air conditioning filters and almond butter sent to his house through my account.