Menu

Elf on a shelf fans??

clarkacademy

Yeah, our Elf is a little lazy; he went on a bender the other night and then slept in the laundry basket for two days. ;)

He must hang out with our tooth fairy.

My kids have been known to say, "Let's just agree to forget all about involving the tooth fairy. You can just hand me the quarter and we'll call it good."

My older son is in charge of elf shenanigans. I would so never remember.

I am not a fan and had to liberally, on the fly, edit the book as I was reading it aloud because my reaction was "oh hell no, there ain't no freaking naughty nice spy up in my house. I had no idea what it was about when we got it. It was (no surprise!) something I got when out with my brother.

Ours just moves from place to place too.  My sister's elf does stuff, like drawing mustaches on family pictures (in wipe-off marker) or bring cocoa or whatever.  Thankfully, most of his shenanigans just shock my kids (who's going to clean all that up?!?), so they like to say that Oswald is a "good elf" who doesn't get up to monkeyshines... :p

Love it! I just requested to join. My girls LOVE the elf and will be so excited to see this. Thanks!!!

I do have a problem remembering to move the elf. We've been busy and I've fallen asleep before moving it. My husband has helped move her several mornings this year. My favorite place so far was hiding in the Christmas tree. It took them forever to find her!

Ummm, well, we have an elf, but he didn't join the family until my kids were teens, and we take a somewhat . . . irreverent approach to his adventures. I'm sitting up late at this very moment staging a shady drug deal between our little friend and the pilgrim-shaped salt and pepper shakers. 

So, we would probably need to join a different group.

Dh took over elf duties for a few days--apparently our elves were running moonshine, one elf ran over the over one with a dump truck, sheriff spiderman was on the lookout for him and formed a task force led by darth vader who eventually found the offending elf in the kitchen hiding behind the trash can.  He was then brought before the judge(Santa Claus) and was sentenced to such awful things like defrosting the septic tank at the North Pole.  It was hilarious.  After that little storyline I have given over all future elf duty to dh.

ETA:  Our elves are just here for the fun antics of life outside the North Pole.  I don't follow any 'rules' :)

For some reason the Elf thing is a little creepy to me.  

Once I was over at a friends house and was flipping through her Christmas scrapbook.  She had pictures of the elf and I asked her if they still did Elf on the Shelf.  She got big eyed and said "Yes.  The Elf still visits us at Christmas!"  Oops.  Her kids were 11 and 8.  It never occurred to me that her kids didn't know the "secret".  Oops.  

Ummm, well, we have an elf, but he didn't join the family until my kids were teens, and we take a somewhat . . . irreverent approach to his adventures. I'm sitting up late at this very moment staging a shady drug deal between our little friend and the pilgrim-shaped salt and pepper shakers. 

So, we would probably need to join a different group.

My older kids would LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love reading other peoples elf stories but I'm soooooo glad my kids were big when this became a thing. The inappropriate elf would definitely fly at my house.

now this I can get behind.  LOLOL

My older kids would LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad nobody got offended or traumatized. I worried after I posted.

My daughter actually started the off-the-rails elf thing a couple of years ago. We were talking about how we found the idea of the Elf on the Shelf just a teeny bit creepy and joking about the kinds of thing one could make an elf do if one didn't have young children in the house. A couple of days later, I found a frantic Facebook message from someone named Dominic who identified himself as an elf. The message led me to an . . . interesting tableau in our mudroom. The following night, I took a turn helping little Dominic get into some trouble, and things went downhill from there. 

This is the first year that my daughter has not lived at home for Christmas. So, I've been sending her photos each morning via Facebook of whatever situation Dominic has gotten himself into the previous night.

Tomorrow morning, she'll be introduced to Dominic's new friend and partner in crime (possibly literally, since we found Dominic this morning hanging his head in shame and sitting on a copy of his mug shot), the Mensch on a Bench: http://themenschonabench.com/

So, at least we're irreverent in an equal opportunity kind of way.

I'm so glad nobody got offended or traumatized. I worried after I posted.

My daughter actually started the off-the-rails elf thing a couple of years ago. We were talking about how we found the idea of the Elf on the Shelf just a teeny bit creepy and joking about the kinds of thing one could make an elf do if one didn't have young children in the house. A couple of days later, I found a frantic Facebook message from someone named Dominic who identified himself as an elf. The message led me to an . . . interesting tableau in our mudroom. The following night, I took a turn helping little Dominic get into some trouble, and things went downhill from there. 

This is the first year that my daughter has not lived at home for Christmas. So, I've been sending her photos each morning via Facebook of whatever situation Dominic has gotten himself into the previous night.

Tomorrow morning, she'll be introduced to Dominic's new friend and partner in crime (possibly literally, since we found Dominic this morning hanging his head in shame and sitting on a copy of his mug shot), the Mensch on a Bench: http://themenschonabench.com/

So, at least we're irreverent in an equal opportunity kind of way.

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!! My older kids are soooooo jealous