Menu

Please share your favorite non-chocolate cookie/bar recipe

AlmiraGulch

I think I want to bake a little this year.  I kind of hate to bake, so this is a big deal to me.

I'll be making homemade toffee, and maybe peppermint bark, but I don't know what else to do.  I'm just looking for one or two other things to make tins for some people, but I can't decide what to make.

I'm leaning toward maybe Italian Wedding Cookies, but I think my sister is making those, or something that tastes like a Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookie, but I can't find a recipe I trust to taste that good.

I love nuts, caramel, butter, toffee, butter, and a touch of chocolate is ok, but I don't want it to be the main focus because it just isn't my thing, and I'll already have the toffee that has a chocolate layer.

So....what's your favorite? 

This is a yummy blondie type cookie bar - it's not my favorite cookie bar - but it's close. My favorite is Oatmeal Fudge Bars (chocolate!!)

Snicker-doodle Brownies:

2 1/3 cups flour :: 1 1/4 tsp baking powder :: 1/2 tsp salt :: 3/4 cup butter, softened :: 1/ 1/4 cups granulated sugar :: 1/2 cup packed brown sugar :: 3 eggs :: 1 tsp vanilla

Cinnamon Mixer:

1 Tablespoon sugar :: 1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Icing:

1 cup powdered sugar :: 2 Tablespoons milk :: 1/4 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350Ëš. Butter bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan. Mix together butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients.

Spoon half of the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon mixer on top. Using the remaining batter, place teaspoon sized dollops on top of the cinnamon mixture covering all the pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for one hour (yeah right). Drizzle icing on top.

(from:  http://a-friend-to-knit-with.blogspot.com/)

This is a yummy blondie type cookie bar - it's not my favorite cookie bar - but it's close. My favorite is Oatmeal Fudge Bars (chocolate!!)

Snicker-doodle Brownies:

2 1/3 cups flour :: 1 1/4 tsp baking powder :: 1/2 tsp salt :: 3/4 cup butter, softened :: 1/ 1/4 cups granulated sugar :: 1/2 cup packed brown sugar :: 3 eggs :: 1 tsp vanilla

Cinnamon Mixer:

1 Tablespoon sugar :: 1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Icing:

1 cup powdered sugar :: 2 Tablespoons milk :: 1/4 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350Ëš. Butter bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan. Mix together butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients.

Spoon half of the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon mixer on top. Using the remaining batter, place teaspoon sized dollops on top of the cinnamon mixture covering all the pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for one hour (yeah right). Drizzle icing on top.

(from:  http://a-friend-to-knit-with.blogspot.com/)

This sounds really good!  I love Snickerdoodles, but haven't heard of them in bar form.  Thanks!