Menu

I think the cat ate a string....

Sdel

So, with it being the weekend, we are on cat watch.  I hope he either didn't eat it, or it passes uneventfully because this is my daughter's cat.  The only cat we have that will give her the time of day....and she's recently been talking about missing our cat that died 2 years ago around this time.

Crap.

Stefanie

I'd give your vet a call.  I've heard that some recommend giving kitty some vaseline or adding psyllium husks to their food to help the string pass.  But I don't know if those are widespread recommendations or not.  If your vet isn't open this is the kind of thing that I think most e-vets would give advice about over the phone.

:grouphug:

It'll probably pass happily though I know when I had a cat that ate something similar the advice was to not pull out anything you may see protruding if the string doesn't come out at one time. Instead cut it off. If it's caught and you pull then that could cause serious internal damage. Our cat was fine, no problem whatsoever.

Want to hear a gross short story?  Once I noticed something hanging from my dogs butt, it looked like a string or a few pieces of long hair.  Not thinking it would be anything else I just yanked it real fast.  It was a tampon!  And the screech the dog made was hilarious!