Menu

19 years ago today was the happiest day of my life, dd arrived from korea

Jeannie in NJ

dh, my sister in law and I went to the Newark airport. A older, tiny Korean woman got off the plane, handed me a baby all in pink, said, "Good baby" and then went and got on a flight back to Korea.  The pilots came over to give us congrats on our new little one.  And now it is 19 years later and she is in nursing school.

dh, my sister in law and I went to the Newark airport. A older, tiny Korean woman got off the plane, handed me a baby all in pink, said, "Good baby" and then went and got on a flight back to Korea.  The pilots came over to give us congrats on our new little one.  And now it is 19 years later and she is in nursing school.

Awww.  that's a sweet story!  So glad she is doing well. 

Congratulations!  :)  :)

I was adopted 46 years ago.  Nothing quite as exciting as yours....just a car ride home, where my parents said I was fascinated with the windshield wipers.  Being a Mom now and knowing how nervous both my DH and I were when we drove home with our little ones form the hospital, it must have been a little nerve wracking to not have had perfect weather driving one's new baby home.  

How exciting.  Congrats.

18 years ago tomorrow I picked up our youngest from the clean linen room of the hospital. She was foster to adopt and there were some security concerns so they put me in the clean linen room to hide me and brought her to me.