Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baseball mom

Gift ideas

Dh - every year he jokes that he wants a remote controlled tank. This year I'm going to try to find one. I believe this is a toy he wanted as a kid but never received.

My parents - I bought them a Roku.

In-laws - they are out of town and we send them gift cards each year.

Grandparents - something printed with pictures of the kids. I saw a cool grandma with a bag for her walker that had pictures of her grandkids so I was thinking of looking for that.

Parents - I am bound to get my mother whatever she asks for. List coming. My guess is it will be something for her new backyard. The in laws are not allowed to get stuff. Mil joked that we should give them the gift of coming up and taking away a bunch of Fil's junk while he's out of the house. Fil did not look amused when he heard that. Ha. Probably a gift card for a meal out or a movie or something. My father never wants anything. Probably something small. Maybe a new golf shirt?

Dh - Shirts and sweaters.

DH is getting bamboo shirts, a new season of a show we watch on DVD, a subscription to a coffee of the month club, and we are giving each other two more wine glasses I our good crystal

Stepdad: hiking poles

Mom: 2 tissue box holders (she hides tissue boxes bc she doesn't like the way they look, but then nobody can find the tissues) and a new wallet

Stepmother: napkins and napkin rings

Dad: no idea

We have no parents/grandparents in our lives. My husband is one of those gifts-are-my-love-language-but-I'm-impossible-to-please people. After many years of banging my head against the wall and never getting it right, I settled into making sure there are a few small things under the tree for him and not even trying to find anything great.

This year, I know he's getting a Wallet Ninja as one of his small gifts. 

We had season tickets for the local Shakespeare theatre for many years but dropped them this year for a variety of reasons. They've done fewer and fewer actual Shakespeare plays, or even classically related pieces. over the last several years. And I've been kind of unimpressed with a number of their productions recently. So, when our daughter (who had her own ticket from the time she was eight) moved out over the summer and our son (who got his own ticket when he was nine) started college this fall and we needed to watch our pennies in order to make his tuition payments, I was content to let the subscription drop. But I know my husband feels badly about it, because he was the one who insisted we hold onto those seats for the last few years. 

The season is halfway over, of course, but the two Shakespeare productions, which will run in repertory, are coming up in the spring. So, I'm considering getting the two of us tickets for those as his "big" gift.

Other than that. I'm pretty clueless.

DH: French Press and waffle iron

My mom: $100  she is very poor so she prefers to have the money instead of a present

Dh's parents...nothing.  We do a white elephant exchange.

huband is getting a pair of flannel lined jeans and some tools he wants

my parents are getting a new microwave (their just died)

my husband's mom is getting CS Lewis, Chronicles of Narnia audio CDs, dad is getting some books her wants. 

All grandparents are getting some little things from kids, including a calendar with their art work on it....

but I am not done yet...but those are the main gifts.

Dh: nothing but stocking stuffers. He never wants anything and he just got an iPhone 6 plus and a bunch of new clothes.

My dad: a Mental Floss subscription and The Men Who Built America dvds.

All the other parents/grandparents have passed.

My dad: a Mental Floss subscription and The Men Who Built America dvds.

I had no idea you could get a print version of Mental Floss!  This is a fantastic idea.

My parents are out of the country, so nothing for them. They are downsizing anyway and don't want more stuff.

MIL might get a Sodastream. Not sure about FIL; probably a gift card to a fave restaurant.

DH is getting a new suitcase and packing cubes for an upcoming trip. He's wanted them forever and I finally found the perfect one. :)

My parents are getting a TV for their bedroom. My husband is getting a nice coffee maker and a shirt or two. (Unless I can think of something better.)

Dh and I decided to only do stocking stuffers this year with a family activity gift, so he's getting a couple Cards against Humanity expansions and we are going on a submarine trip the day after Christmas.

My parents and in-laws are all getting personalized photo calendars.

Parents: I am washing walls, painting, installing flooring - so the gift of labor and time.

Spouse: nothing. We had Christmas in July for him before he deployed. He got an iPad and some other little things.

Granny: she wants new slippers.

I am so not stressed about gifts this year, it's almost unbelievable.

DD makes stuff for Grandparents each year using her art-calendars, t-shirts, stationary, etc. Vistaprint is a fairly inexpensive way to have things printed for this purpose.

DH is getting a Kindle fire, that I plan to load with a subscription to Fantasy and Science Fiction magazine and various books/anthologies, plus a few apps that he can talk about with DD10.

I got dh a vintage motorcycle poster for his workshop.  Not sure what else I will be getting him.  I did get him handwarms last year to use on his daily walks when it's freezing outside  he really liked them..  My mom asked to get my dad some stafford t-shirts and her some nice mature skin night cream(they don't like to spend money on themselves so I get them waht she asks me for)  I will also give them a gift card to go out to eat lunch at their favorite place a couple of times.   My parents are easy to buy for.  DD will get my dad some chocolate and mother a calendar of which we mark everyone birthday and anniversary on.

I asked my parents what they wanted. They said world peace. I like that idea but it doesn't help me shop for them.

Dh & I don't exchange gifts due to lack of money but our DC like to give us gifts. So I will mention a few inexpensive wants/needs and dh will take the kids shopping. And of course when the kids and I are out we buy dh something.

Dh – shirts, magazine subscription, I-tunes card

My dad – shirts

My mom – ½ of a pool pass.  One of my sisters is paying for the other half. 

MIL – don’t know