Menu

If a 3 year old *loves* her doctor kit...

PhotoGal

I have a 3 year old doctor, too!

How about:

a toddler sized lab coat

a toddler science kit (my kiddo's getting this one, but it's cheaper through amazon)

toddler sized safety goggles (included in science kit, but these are loved)

a container of tongue depressors, errrr, popsicle sticks

does s/he have a working stethoscope?

a vet kit?

A small pair of scrubs?

Lots of different boxes of Band-Aids.

A cheap working digital thermometer....maybe the forehead kind?

The Melissa and Doug play food that is put together with velcro, and then you slice it apart with a knife.

The Melissa and Doug Birthday Cake set...so she can celebrate her patients getting well.

Prop box for veterinary practice? I just took down our preschool "Vet Clinic." The kids had a great time! We had basic doctor stuff, along with a roll of sticky bandaging wrap (they could bind broken stuffie legs and things), a cat carrier, a tub with props like brushes, a bottle of shampoo and bubble wrap to look like a grooming area--We used empty bags of food and (unopened) cans of cat food. I made some Montessori-style trays and games to go with, also--they matched various sizes of dog bones to outlines on a piece of posterboard and used tongs to "feed the dog."

You could spend less than $10 at the Dollar Store and make a really nice prop box! Oh--I went to a pet food store and asked for a poster or advertisement to hang and they gave me a big poster from their grooming center--so cute, and free!!

Prop box for veterinary practice? I just took down our preschool "Vet Clinic." The kids had a great time! We had basic doctor stuff, along with a roll of sticky bandaging wrap (they could bind broken stuffie legs and things), a cat carrier, a tub with props like brushes, a bottle of shampoo and bubble wrap to look like a grooming area--We used empty bags of food and (unopened) cans of cat food. I made some Montessori-style trays and games to go with, also--they matched various sizes of dog bones to outlines on a piece of posterboard and used tongs to "feed the dog."

You could spend less than $10 at the Dollar Store and make a really nice prop box! Oh--I went to a pet food store and asked for a poster or advertisement to hang and they gave me a big poster from their grooming center--so cute, and free!!

Can I come play in your preschool class, too?  That sounds like fun!

DS at around the same time got into light and colors. We got him (not all at once) a set of color-mixing paddles, an Alan Baker book, a prism, a magnifying glass, a flashlight, and paints and brushes.

If you want to stay with the doctor theme, add some x-rays and/or a model skeleton, or books like "Your Insides" by Joanna Cole and "Me and My Amazing Body" by Joan Sweeney.

And this was the # 1 favorite preschool toy ever in our house. Critter Clinic Toy Vet Play Set. They love the lockable doors.

http://www.amazon.com/B-Toys-Critter-Clinic-Play/dp/B00B16U50C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417009891&sr=8-3&keywords=stuffed+pet+hospital

My niece loved this when she was 5! If you buy little stuffed animals to fit into the compartments it's even better. They love using the keys to open the vet doors. Even her 10 year old sister enjoyed that. 

A cute lab coat is fun as well.