Menu

Fashion help - shirts that cover the upper part of my chest, right below my neck

momee

I'm curious what style shirt those of you with some great fashion sense would wear if you were trying to cover up some disfigurement on the upper part of your chest?

Not as in a modesty thing, I'm talking much higher than cleavage.

I'm not interested in turtle necks but want something with a good bit of coverage like what a turtleneck would provide.  Although I don't need my entire neck covered, just from about my collar bones down.

I was thinking collared shirts but they're still open at the part I want covered.  V necks same way.  Normally I just wear a regular collared cotton shirt but I'd like to change up a bit if I can find something.

But WHERE do you find a high necked camisole?????

Anne

Rosette 100% Cotton Sleeveless Undershirt (Small, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CYRHLBI/

Random Google hit for crew neck tank women. If you can sew, there's a easy pattern with an adjustable neckline: https://www.etsy.com/listing/203707578/sis-boom-tortola-womens-tank-top-pattern?

My oldest has worn tank tops backwards when the scoop in front was too low.

in addition to dittoing boatnecks, I recently saw mockneck long sleeved t-shirts  - they were a tad higher than collar bone but not tight, kwim?  & a bit of a square cut overall. Looked very Audrey Hepburn in black.  I can't remember which store though.... Maybe H&M.

& here, infinity scarves are everywhere. In a knit like this  or made out of a long cotton/rayon woven fabric & tied like this