Menu

I need slippers!

ereks mom

My feet get really cold in the winter, and I need some good, warm slippers. I normally wear an 8 or 8.5.  The problem is that because of foot issues (posterior tibial tendonitis and plantar fasciitis), I can't wear just any slippers; I *must* have slippers with a good arch support and a bit of cushioning at the heel.  Ideally, they'd be suitable for wearing outside the house, so more shoe-like than slipper-like, I guess.  I'd prefer "bootie" style slippers, but I'd settle for a slipper that covers the whole foot, including the heel (no "mules" or other slide-ons or slip-ons).

ETA: I've found these at Zappos (http://www.zappos.com/sorel-nakiska-british-tan) but I'm not really liking the furry lining. Plus they are pricey, but I expect I will have to pay a lot for good slippers.

I've tried Crocs, and they don't provide the right kind of support in the right place.

Dd has foot issues too.  She needs really good support at the arch and heal. She also wears a size 10.  We bought her a pair of ankle high boots at Khols last year.  They are fur lined....sort of Ugg knock offs.  They have foot support and are real shoes (not "just" slippers) so they can be worn outside.  She loves them!  She tried on dozens of booties with and without her preferred insoles until she found a pair she really liked. 

I'd like to know what they mean by "wool/acrylic blend lining".

I have sheepskin slippers - with real sheepskin lining, not some acrylic knockoff - and they are *very* warm.  (I find the knockoffs are NOT warm, and they just don't last more than a year - I've had mine for seven years and they are still warm.)