Menu

Dividers that work with sheet protectors?

Just bought some tabbed dividers (a set with 15 -- enough for my planning notebook, hooray!) only to discover that if used with sheet protectors, the pages stick out further than the dividers (boo, hiss). Had the same problem last year with my son's notebooks, after I started putting things like illustrations and maps in page protectors instead of punching holes to keep them from getting beat up every time he flipped through a notebook.

What office supply brand(s) make dividers that work well with sheet protectors? Are there any that are wider, specifically for this? Anybody know? (Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes... this is driving me batty!)

I have adhesive tabs that I use on the page protectors themselves. I bought mine at Target last year -- some generic brand -- but they're like these: http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Precut-Self-Adhesive-Insertable-Index/dp/B00006IBYR

Basically, it's just the label part of the divider and you can stick it on any page / page protector / folder, etc in a binder... Very handy!

What several moms there do is put the tabbed dividers into a page protector, cutting the edge so the tab sticks out.

OR they buy a different size page protector that is the same size as a sheet of paper. I guess the 3 hole punch still goes through your own page, but then the regular size tabbed dividers work.