Menu

It's snowing!!!!!

MomtoCandJ

I remember when we were living in upstate NY and we got some snow in late October. I was so not ready for it.  Nobody had snow boots that fit, mittens were lost, coats were too small or had broken zippers.

The kids were ecstatic.

We put socks on hands, and sweatshirts, and lighter fall jackets….and went out and enjoyed it.  Came in for melted snowman hot chocolate (you put a layer of whipped cream on top, and then use mini chocolate chips to make a face and a piece of candy corn for the nose.)

Then I panicked about buying supplies the next day. :)

We got our first snow that stayed last night too. The kids are all outside making snowmen. I'm trying to be happy for them. No sane person will be driving anywhere for a couple days while they get things back under control and get into the rhythm with the plows and sand trucks.

I wish you lived closer I would've sent you our outgrown snow gear.

We got our first snow that stayed last night too. The kids are all outside making snowmen. I'm trying to be happy for them. No sane person will be driving anywhere for a couple days while they get things back under control and get into the rhythm with the plows and sand trucks.

Thanks Dory, I don't even know what to get for dd2, she's going to be walking soon but they don't make snow stuff small enough for her. I think I can get boots for her but they don't make 6-9 or 9-12 month water resistant/proof snow stuff, 12 month is too big :(

Here is a columbia snow suit for little tykes that is water proof. I get them big though. I expect the kids to be able to wear them awhile. My older kids wear their snow gear for at least two years. So long as the cuffs are adjustable it works. For the little early walkers, they usually can't walk once I've bundled them up in all the layers anyway.

Yup, my kids are so excited this morning :)

Been there, done that, LOL!  WE are in southern Virginia and it's in the 50s and that's cold enough for me.  One winter we went home to upstate NY and the kids wanted outside to see the snow, so we did the trash bags over the shoes trick too.  I hate snow and cold.

When I was young we lived in Florida and came "home" to Pennsylvania for Christmas. One year it snowed, and as we had no cold-weather stuff, my mom put trash bags over our shoes and socks on our hands. We wore a second pair of pants and whatever coat we had. We had a wonderful time.