Menu

Stalking the Application Account

TechWife

I'm stalking my son's college application account. I check it at least three times a day. Yesterday the status changed to "complete" and there was a six digit number next to "high school transcript." This afternoon the six digit number is gone and "approved homeschool program" has taken it's place. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

I not only stalked.  I didn't sleep.

I'm not doing much of that, either. I seem to loose sleep the night before my son has tests in his dual enrollment class. I also didn't sleep the night before the ACT or the SAT. He, on the other hand, slept like a log. 

NO, not the only one. Stalking a couple at present even though he has been accepted at his safety, and has already gotten some merit money and an invite to compete for some more. You'd think I would breathe a sigh of relief! NOPE, still in stalking mode, LOL!

Oh, and he took the ACT again on the 25th of October, still fighting the effects of the head injury and wondering if he did better than the previous test, and apparently though we can't see his scores, the colleges can because he was notified by email from one school that his October scores was in! Of course they didn't say what that was....grrrr...and when I go to ACT online, it says availability beginning the 11th, so apparently they are letting the colleges see the scores they have already processed, and not the students.

This may make my brain twist into a knot over the weekend!

Oh, and he took the ACT again on the 25th of October, still fighting the effects of the head injury and wondering if he did better than the previous test, and apparently though we can't see his scores, the colleges can because he was notified by email from one school that his October scores was in! Of course they didn't say what that was....grrrr...and when I go to ACT online, it says availability beginning the 11th, so apparently they are letting the colleges see the scores they have already processed, and not the students.

DS took the ACT on the 25th as well, they aren't showing that the college can see them yet. Hmm....

DS did the writing part and if I'm not mistaken, his scores won't be available on Nov 11th because of that - if I'm reading the website right, they don't report scores until the essay is graded. 

DS took the ACT on the 25th as well, they aren't showing that the college can see them yet. Hmm....

DS did the writing part and if I'm not mistaken, his scores won't be available on Nov 11th because of that - if I'm reading the website right, they don't report scores until the essay is graded. 

This is what I thought. But, the one application had "pending ACT score report" in the status, and a couple of hours ago he received an email that said "complete" and when we checked the status, ACT score box was check marked. The only reason I can think for that is they have the score.

Who knows? I spent  many hours on the phone with ACT and sent mountains of documentation from the ortho, the neuro, and the GP for his accommodation, only to have the testing site NOT honor it. So I think anything goes sometimes.

I haven't been, so I'm VERY glad you mentioned it. Just went to check, and ds's school had been changed from "home school" to our local public school, and they were waiting for the transcript! It was set right immediately with just a phone call but sheesh.

I'm so glad that was easily fixable! 

Today it has a link to apply for merit scholarships. Three essays by Dec. 1 - no problem.  :svengo: