Menu

Update on ds16 He has run away cc

Thank you for all your encouragement this morning, as I posted on the "I'm so broken" thread--I'm sorry if I sounded whiny.

God must have known how hard the decision would be--Peter made it for me. He was charged with a violation, not only for what he did previously, but for some new stuff. Please pray for E, who ran away after being discharged ("unsuccessful" discharge based on behaviour) and may be with Peter. Both are unstable, need their meds, and may be using.

I will let you know if they find him. He is quite resourceful, which is not a good thing in this case. Pray for his safety, and for E's, too.

Just when you think it can't get worse...

Still believe in a big God, though.

Update:

Just got a call at 5:15 that the police have found Peter and he is ok. He is being transported to JDC. No word on E, but I am so relieved that Peter is somewhere safe tonight. He'll have a trial, probably in about 2 weeks, and we will go from there. Thanks to all who thought of us at this time!

Thank you for all your encouragement this morning, as I posted on the "I'm so broken" thread--I'm sorry if I sounded whiny.

God must have known how hard the decision would be--Peter made it for me. He was charged with a violation, not only for what he did previously, but for some new stuff. Please pray for E, who ran away after being discharged ("unsuccessful" discharge based on behaviour) and may be with Peter. Both are unstable, need their meds, and may be using.

I will let you know if they find him. He is quite resourceful, which is not a good thing in this case. Pray for his safety, and for E's, too.

Just when you think it can't get worse...

Still believe in a big God, though.

that not only is God a big God, but he is Good, too. No matter what happens, God is Good, and nothing is outside of His control. I'm so sorry that you are going through this, and I will be praying for Peter and E. May God grant you the Peace that passes all understanding. (((Chris)))

that not only is God a big God, but he is Good, too. No matter what happens, God is Good, and nothing is outside of His control. I'm so sorry that you are going through this, and I will be praying for Peter and E. May God grant you the Peace that passes all understanding. (((Chris)))

What she said ((((Chris)))).

Chris, I'm so sad for you. Having worked with troubled teens and their families in the past, I know how devastating and exasperating it can be to stand by and feel so helpless as a child spirals downward.

I'll be praying for safety for your son and anyone who may be with him. I'll also pray that he can face the truth be open to help. Peace for you, my friend. God knows your heart and your deepest needs and sorrows.

(((Chris)))

...for you and yours. I have two older brothers I have not seen in many years. When we were growing up (divorced family), I was the "good kid" while they were the rebellious black sheep. Both got seriously into drugs, and one was involved with another troubled teen who shot and killed a man. We were blessed that my brother was not charged. It took many years, but they did pull out of it all and as far as I know have been functioning normally for years. There is hope amidst all the pain. God bless you.

{{hugs}}

I was that kid.

I got my act together (using the term colloquilloly, not to imply I am forgetting GOD got my act together) when I was 25.

I'd like to encourage you to get all the support you can FOR YOU. There are several broad spirituality choices and Christian choices available. The family members of an alcoholic are also sick and in need of help, regardless of what the addict does.