Menu

Best wishes for clear thinking to our PSAT testers today!

My 10th grader took the PSAT today (Saturday - I'm still up). He said that the test was easy, he was allowed to use his scientific calculator, and all went well.

But then I found out later that he didn't give them our full address. !!! When he was asked to give his information after the test was finished, he gave our street name, city, and zip code. No house number. I have no words. He did give an email address where it was requested, and he gave the school code (the homeschool code for our state).

So now what happens? How do we receive the results? Or do we?

Argh, argh, argh. 😖

My 10th grader took the PSAT today (Saturday - I'm still up). He said that the test was easy, he was allowed to use his scientific calculator, and all went well.

But then I found out later that he didn't give them our full address. !!! When he was asked to give his information after the test was finished, he gave our street name, city, and zip code. No house number. I have no words. He did give an email address where it was requested, and he gave the school code (the homeschool code for our state).

So now what happens? How do we receive the results? Or do we?

I'd be contacting College Board.  Chances are, once they have him in their system they will allow you to add the house number to the address.  ;)

Dropped both older kids off on Saturday for the PSAT and ...

brought home 2 sick kids, really sick, still sick, miserable kids.

I feel terrible for the junior; what a weekend to come down with something.

:grouphug: If your junior would be in the range for National Merit, you may want to call the National Merit on Monday and tell them that your junior was sick.  Your junior may be able to submit an SAT score in lieu of the PSAT score.

Ds, a junior, took the PSAT this past Wednesday. It went well even thought it was a struggle to get a seat for him at the local school. He finished all of the sections, and he said the last-minute vocab we went over with him helped him answer one of the questions correctly (he hopes!). Can't wait for the scores to come out in December!

I'd be contacting College Board. Chances are, once they have him in their system they will allow you to add the house number to the address. ;)

Thank you! I will try that! I just looked and I see that there's an option to email them...hoping for the best! :)

I'd be contacting College Board.  Chances are, once they have him in their system they will allow you to add the house number to the address.   ;)

:iagree:  I would not worry about this; the College Board will be able to fix it.

Last year, the year it counted for my oldest, I received my younger son's PSAT results in the mail, but not my oldest's results.  I called the CB and they looked up my oldest's account.  Turns out he had misbubbled our zip code.  The CB corrected the misbubbling error and sent out the score report again.

Of course, I worried until the report arrived, hoping he had not misbubbled anything else that day. :banghead:

:iagree: I would not worry about this; the College Board will be able to fix it.

Last year, the year it counted for my oldest, I received my younger son's PSAT results in the mail, but not my oldest's results. I called the CB and they looked up my oldest's account. Turns out he had misbubbled our zip code. The CB corrected the misbubbling error and sent out the score report again.

Of course, I worried until the report arrived, hoping he had not misbubbled anything else that day. :banghead:

Thank you! I feel better knowing that my son is not the only one. And yes, hopefully that was the only stumper. Ha!

Dear College Board,

My son is usually very smart, but he doesn't know where he lives. Would you please help me to fix his mistake?

(That is not the letter that I sent, but it's the letter that I wanted to send! :p)

Thank you! I feel better knowing that my son is not the only one. And yes, hopefully that was the only stumper. Ha!

Dear College Board,

My son is usually very smart, but he doesn't know where he lives. Would you please help me to fix his mistake?

(That is not the letter that I sent, but it's the letter that I wanted to send! :p)

You have deprived some weary worker a bright spot in his/her day:). 

My dd took the PSAT "for real" last Saturday. She just came up to me - "By the way Mom, on the PSAT they asked what grade I was in. What was I supposed to check? I wasn't sure." :eek:  :eek:

That could actually be a problem if she didn't put her graduation year as 2016.  Did she?  If not, I'd be calling soon.  Junior year is the only year they can qualify for scholarships and, if I recall correctly, they have to enter college the same year.

That could actually be a problem if she didn't put her graduation year as 2016.  Did she?  If not, I'd be calling soon.  Junior year is the only year they can qualify for scholarships and, if I recall correctly, they have to enter college the same year.

She thinks she did. Most everyone in the room was a junior and marked 2016. And she did the calculations in her head and thinks she came to 2016 on her own as well. Honestly, she is just trying to get a Letter of Commendation to add to her transcript. She is not expecting to move beyond that level.

You have deprived some weary worker a bright spot in his/her day:).

Haha!! Bummer - I was so tempted to type that. :)

A very kind lady from the high school called me this morning - she caught his mistake before sending in the tests, so she called me to get our school (home) address. That is very nice of her, and I'm very thankful -it's fixed! :) And hours later I received an email from the College Board people stating that they could fix the address once they had his scores ready in mid-December. It's all done now so I don't need them to fix anything, but it's a great relief to know that they would be willing and able to do it.

(I typed all of that in case someone looks up this topic later down the road concerned about a similar situation...it can be fixed and you can get your student's scores! Hurray! And after this experience and reading other posts we shall be adding "pop quiz: what is my address?" and "what grade am I in?" to our PSAT prep from now on, lol.)

Just to let you know you're not alone, when my kids took the AP in May I had to teach them their address and phone number because we'd just moved to our house.

When they were getting pencils together for the SAT I had to debrief one kid on his phone number because he still didn't know it.