Menu

God laughing at me again.

Murphy101

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your husband and mine should get together. Mind is really funny about names too. For him it was really important for them to be unusual. He has a very unusual name and loves it. We used the social security name ranking site and if it was a name that had ever been in the top 100 he would get all funny about it being "too popular". And he also had an unofficial rule about no name used by family or friends. He has 20 first cousins, all with multiple children. 

Congratulations! 

(And if you can break your no "A" names rule I'll just point out that Alice is a saint. Just saying. :) )

I'll put my own saint's name into the mix: Kassiani (also spelled Kassiane, or Cassiane)

She's a shared saint from before the EO/RC split, and she's venerated as one of the only women hymnographers in the church. 😃

Zebulon

Gideon

K and C are taken.

Nothing that sounds like a alien name on sci-fi channel.

No Gideon bible promotion.

No Reuben sandwiches.

Congrats! Are any of your other kids multiples?

None so far. I have some aunts and cousins with multiples, but my mother didn't and neither have my siblings. However, none of them were 41 and having a baby either. If I have twins I think it's more likely to be due to my age than family history.

Sorry about your internet troll.  :angry:   It always surprises me when people harass families who are bringing babies into the world that will be loved and cared for. . I would so much rather see a loving family with 12 kids than 1 baby born to parents that will only neglect and abuse them.  I think that is the real crisis in the world.  We need more babies born to parents who are doing their best to love, care for, teach and nurture their children.

Congratuliations!

Any focus on the "troll" is a waste of energy. People are entitled to their opinion. Reporting them or even dignifying them seems silly. Who cares what they think anyway? So what if they trotted to your linked blog from here? Put it out there and you are inviting opinions. Positive and negative.

I would report bullying. It was despicable in grade school and is doubly despicable in a (presumable) adult hiding behind internet anonymity. If the person can be blocked they should be.

Congratulations to Martha and family!!

Sorry about your troll but nothing surprises me anymore.

For names--we keep a whiteboard in the kitchen. Everyone is allowed to write in a name or cross one off. In reality, I wrote names, DH crossed them off until one remained. Then we started on middle names.

Congratulations!!!  SO exciting!  Although I have to say--we just caught up with you guys (#10 was born on Sept. 24), and now we're behind again, possibly by 2, LOL.  

Naming is hard for us too.  We also don't repeat initials or name (first names) after people we know.  We have all Bible names or virtue names.  We ended up going with Verity for this baby.  We figured it was a virtue name, and I am teaching Latin 1 this year, so it seemed a good year for a Latin name.  I like what a previous poster said--I hope naming the baby(ies) is the hardest part of this pregnancy!

The not naming after other people we know, especially family, is a hard and fast absolute rule.

The boy name we have picked out isn't biblical, so that's a major first departure from that rule. But it is a saint name.

The girls have to be saint names.

And not the same first letter of any other person in our house is a hard and fast rule too.

Well with all these requirements, you were certain to conceive again!

Congratulations, Martha!

May I add my hearty congratulations?  :party:

(And a confession:  I do feel a smidgen of envy in my cold little heart.  :o As the [medically necessary] mom of one, OH how I envy those of you who have entire sports teams.  Maybe my sincere envy [even though wrong] will cancel out some of the other bad karma.)

May I add my hearty congratulations? :party:

(And a confession: I do feel a smidgen of envy in my cold little heart. :o As the [medically necessary] mom of one, OH how I envy those of you who have entire sports teams. Maybe my sincere envy [even though wrong] will cancel out some of the other bad karma.)

Would it lesson your envy an itty bit to know?

None of my children have any athletic ability, so I still don't have a sports team.

My grocery bill is downright scary.

My kids are current playing trivial pursuit and the noise is so deafening, I am putting in earplugs and they still seem really really loud.

:)

I am so excited for you!  Congratulations!  

Ever since I saw the movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers I loved the idea of rules for names, but I sort of think you should choose a name totally off the pattern to throw everyone off.  Maybe Pippi Longstocking.  Or Hal.  

I really love the name Frances for a girl.  And if it's boy/girl twins they can both be Francis/es!  

I haven't read the rest of the thread, so I'm sure you have been given lots of ideas.  Sorry about the crazy blog stuff - that is the kind of thing that makes me want to go around writing happy little comments on random blogs just to brighten someone's day.

Names my dh says he doesn't hate:

Wyllow (It's actually a boy saint name.)

Isadora

Isabel

Sophia (middle only bc it's way too common a first name)

Helen (me - so-so)

Olivia (me- meh. Olive - food. If I'm going to name her after fruit/food, how about Chardonay? Alas, that's not a saint.)

Yvette (me - no. Maybe a middle name.)

Margo (middle)

Dh likes Wyllow Isadora or Isabel Margo.

Neither feel like The Name to me. Wyllow Is okay, but I don't think anyone would ever in her life spell her name correct if we stuck with the saint spelling. It's already like that for her last name, so I guess one could take the perspective she'll be used to it anyways.

Hmmm...in post #94 I think your dh said no to Isabel.  I remember thinking I liked that name, then saw that it was vetoed in that post.  Does the fact that it's now on the "doesn't hate" list mean it's in the running?  I somehow think the answer to this is going to be really important to a certain poster!   :lol:

I awoke this morning with the name Isabel Sophia on my lips.  The Hive has spoken.  Please inform dh.  :D

I am so excited for you!  Congratulations!  

Ever since I saw the movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers I loved the idea of rules for names, but I sort of think you should choose a name totally off the pattern to throw everyone off.  Maybe Pippi Longstocking.  Or Hal.  

I really love the name Frances for a girl.  And if it's boy/girl twins they can both be Francis/es!  

I haven't read the rest of the thread, so I'm sure you have been given lots of ideas.  Sorry about the crazy blog stuff - that is the kind of thing that makes me want to go around writing happy little comments on random blogs just to brighten someone's day.

This makes me laugh! My Mom's middle name is Frances. When she was 8 and her Mom was pregnant with twins, she wanted them to be named Frances and Francis after her. Sadly, for her, they were both boys and named Robert and Peter.

This makes me laugh! My Mom's middle name is Frances. When she was 8 and her Mom was pregnant with twins, she wanted them to be named Frances and Francis after her. Sadly, for her, they were both boys and named Robert and Peter.

My great grandpa was Frances (Frank).  They named one of their 8 kids Francis (Franny), and then later had a boy named Frances (Franky).  He was kind of a narcissist.  

Martha, in all the hubbub, I forgot to say congratulations!  Babies are a blessing.  Always.

Ok, I'll throw in my saint's name: Macrina. I've always thought it was really pretty in addition to of course loving her as a saint.

She's pre-Schism (reposed ~380A.D.), so would still be recognized by Catholics, right?

She is a catholic saint, but *I* confused it at first with macArina and thought, "Like the Latin American dance"?

So no, but good try! :)

Hmmm...in post #94 I think your dh said no to Isabel. I remember thinking I liked that name, then saw that it was vetoed in that post. Does the fact that it's now on the "doesn't hate" list mean it's in the running? I somehow think the answer to this is going to be really important to a certain poster! :lol:

We don't like the nicknames Izzy or Belle or Dora, but by some miracle they are still in the running bc we like Isabel and Isadora.

I am so excited for you! Congratulations!

Ever since I saw the movie Seven Brides for Seven Brothers I loved the idea of rules for names, but I sort of think you should choose a name totally off the pattern to throw everyone off. Maybe Pippi Longstocking. Or Hal.

I really love the name Frances for a girl. And if it's boy/girl twins they can both be Francis/es!

I haven't read the rest of the thread, so I'm sure you have been given lots of ideas. Sorry about the crazy blog stuff - that is the kind of thing that makes me want to go around writing happy little comments on random blogs just to brighten someone's day.

Ever since I saw the movie I have told dh if we ever have boy/girl twins I'm naming them Frankenscense and Myrrh. :D