Menu

What should I make for a special guy for lunch tomorrow?

Michelle My Bell

So I have been single for 3 years and planned to stay that way but God had other plans and brought a really great guy into my life recently. We have been seeing each other for a little bit now and tomorrow he is going to church with me and then back to my house for lunch. The kids are going to a pumpkin patch with their dad so it will be just us. Anyhow, I want to make him something home cooked since he has been living the bachelor life for the last 2 1/2 years but I can't think what to make! I am a pretty good cook but I want to keep it homestyle and not really gourmet. Any ideas? Links to recipes? I guess I'll need dessert also. Oh, and it has to be something I can eat also as a low-carb eater. 

For a guy, I'd suggest pot roast with potatoes, carrots, onions.  You can skip the potatoes and go light on the carrots, depending on how low carb you are. 

Dessert is more tricky because if you don't eat any, he'll probably feel weird eating dessert alone.  

Hope you have a great day!

If you're talking more about lunch rather than dinner, how about a good chunky chicken/veggie/pasta soup, with some homemade bread.  (Or some good, hearty bread from a bakery.)  You could serve it will a small salad on the side, if you want. 

I'd suggest gingerbread for dessert with a butter-rum or lemon sauce.  (I guess that's not very low-carb though...)

A couple of my daughters are gluten-free and they sometimes make a great flour-less chocolate cake.  I like the berries and whipping cream idea too.  :)

ETA:  Have fun!!

If you are in an area where the weather is cooler then maybe a hearty soup in the crock pot with a nice salad and some bread from the bread machine or a loaf of bread from the bakery with real butter.  It would be simple to have ready when you get home from church but still be a nice tasty homemade meal.

FYI-----just don't make him chili with spoiled meat in it like I made for my dh when we were dating......................we both got food poisoning and were really sick.  It took about 15 years before he would try my chili again :-)