Menu

Fill in the blank: I am not ready for...

blondeviolin

It was 86 in the city today. Still using AC. I am ready for summer to be over!

I'm with you. It's going to be 90 on the water this week. I'm so over the heat, but am not ready for the fall time change. I really love long days.

To move to a town with months of grey all winter. We have come to really love this town for the friends we have made here, plus the incredible wild beauty--and awesome local climate which receives powerful rainstorms that clear up to sunshine afterwards instead of the constant grey drizzle common to this part of the country. I struggled so badly with seasonal affective disorder the three years we were in Portland for dh's schooling. But we have got to make a move for many good reasons, particularly to get our baby with health problems to a place with better medical care. (Right now it's almost a 2 hour drive every few weeks to take him to visit a pediatrician, which we don't have here). Dh has applied to many different places without much luck, and now he's on his way up for an interview 4 hours north of here. I expect that they will offer him the position, and unless one of the other jobs he's applied for calls back right away, we will probably wind up taking it. And I will make the most of it, and it will turn out fine-- but I just feel like I'm staring down a long, grey tunnel for the next 6 or 7 months.

Snow and ice. We live on a hill, a very, very, very steep hill. We're half way up with a just as steep driveway. At the the bottom of our hill/street is a river. Two winters ago I prayed as I gripped the steering wheel while my mom, my 4 children and I slipped on the ice, down my hill, down the ravine, getting caught on a tree branch three feet from the river. I don't leave my house if it's icy. I buy groceries so that if I'm not comfortable leaving (and hubby's out of town) we can still eat. I'm like a winter hermit. But, no, I'm not ready for that.

I wouldn't be ready for that either.  

Do they have grocery deliveries where you live?  When conditions got really bad before I was used to driving on snow (and before I had winter tyres for my car) I let the professional drivers deliver to me.  Most of the supermarkets here deliver, and you can get deliveries for £1 ($1.50).

L

To move to a town with months of grey all winter. We have come to really love this town for the friends we have made here, plus the incredible wild beauty--and awesome local climate which receives powerful rainstorms that clear up to sunshine afterwards instead of the constant grey drizzle common to this part of the country. I struggled so badly with seasonal affective disorder the three years we were in Portland for dh's schooling. But we have got to make a move for many good reasons, particularly to get our baby with health problems to a place with better medical care. (Right now it's almost a 2 hour drive every few weeks to take him to visit a pediatrician, which we don't have here). Dh has applied to many different places without much luck, and now he's on his way up for an interview 4 hours north of here. I expect that they will offer him the position, and unless one of the other jobs he's applied for calls back right away, we will probably wind up taking it. And I will make the most of it, and it will turn out fine-- but I just feel like I'm staring down a long, grey tunnel for the next 6 or 7 months.

:grouphug: Kudos for doing what is best for your baby.   :grouphug:

...to tackle Part 2 of house remodeling. I'm not recovered from the summer kitchen drama. Meanwhile my laundry room descends to chaos, and the dogs have chewed a hole in a wall in their dedicated room. I've got to get on the stick, but I'm not ready.