Menu

Book a Week in 2014 - BW40

Robin M

Pam, Great post about the kindle, I had actually forgot about the book sharing part which we do quite a bit. Dd has recently become primarily responsible for keeping an interesting selection of books checked out and available on the dc's kindles. She checks them out and they automatically appear on the kindle fires ran off that account, more work on an ereader. She seems to be doing a better job tempting her brother then I was doing. :lol: Since they both use the fire quite a bit for school applications he has to look at those books because they are on his main carousel.

Another point I forgot is the browsing aspect on kindle.....both the libraries I physically go into here are small. Not a bad thing because part of a huge system of libraries but smaller than my children's section where we lived in the US. I am a browser who likes to jump around according to my ideas that come from looking at the books. A food mystery might send me over to cookbooks.......browsing is just not as satisfying in a small library.

Another section I used for quick browsing was new releases. Until recently in my library here new meant new to that branch.....I kept checking out books that I had read two years ago with a different cover which drove me nuts so I was avoiding that shelf. I am highly visual so I tend to remember cover art better than the traditional title/author combo.

All the kindle overdrive libraries I have explored have a new section that means new to that part of the library. Things like old Agatha Chisties might appear there if they have just been made available but the latest Nora Roberts shows up there also. I scan that section roughly twice a week adding to my wish and request lists as appropriate......Christie would be on the wish list and Roberts for the wait list. So I browse quite a bit just looking at the new books. Things like key word searches are fun in the kindle library also imo. I like the fact that if it intriques me I can start reading a minute later. If I don't care for it removal is a couple of clicks for dh. That is the hardest part of my kindle library obsession since it seems to be impossible to return early without going in to the main amazon account it is easier to have dh get rid of my excess books every couple of days when he is using his laptop. It takes him two minites so he prefers it to carrying my piles! ;)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic