Menu

Just for fun, who do people say you look like?

lynn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm jealous.  When I was little I was the spitting image of Shirley Temple.  It's kind of freaky. Nowadays I don't get those comments.  A close friend says I look like a wee pixie.    I think I kind of look like Jessica Raine but with a small mouth and 20-40 pounds heavier.   :lol:  Now I want people to guess me!!

They used to say I looked like Carly Simon and Sally Field but I'm not sure why. Maybe because I smiled a lot. That was 30 years ago. 

One boardie here posted her photo so we could critique her new hairstyle and she looked like Jaclyn Smith.

One of our neighbors (many years ago) showed us a photo of a guy from a movie that looked exactly like my dh.

Also years ago, a co-worker of mine brought in a photo that came with a new frame he bought. The woman in the photo looked just.like.me.

Not any more, but an old boyfriend who was trying to say, "No, I don't need an extra ticket for my girlfriend since she's the 3F kind of girlfriend, not the future fiancee type of girlfriend." on the phone in front of me without turning me into the kind of ex-girlfriend that would giggle about it 30 years later on the internet once said that I looked like "The St. Pauli Girl" on his bottle of beer.

I got the point.

James, you deserve this. :P

try the celebrity look alike generator http://celebrity.picadilo.com/  

From that photo it suggested Celine Dion is 88% match for you :D

I tried this, and all five of my matches were MEN.  Apparently, I look like Oscar de la Renta, Gary Sinise and Richard Dreyfus. 

(Going right now to get a large bag to put over my head.  My self-esteem has never sunk so low...)

ETA:  This is the picture I used.  (This is an actual photo of me and not a celebrity photo.  I own all rights to this photo.)

nicepicture_zpsae72d507.jpg

I tried this, and all five of my matches were MEN.  Apparently, I look like Oscar de la Renta, Gary Sinise and Richard Dreyfus. 

(Going right now to get a large bag to put over my head.  My self-esteem has never sunk so low...)

I got 4 men and Gwyneth Paltrow, ranging from 54-59 percent.  Including John McCain, lucky me.

My husband swears I look just like the dark haired girl in the show Two Broke Girls. I don't know her name and I didn't see a resemblance at all. Of course, she is in her twenties and I'm pushing 50. I was looking through my high school yearbook and damned if there isn't a picture of me where even I can see the resemblance.

In college after giving a presentation to the class, a girl told me that I looked like Nicole Kidman. Other than having strawberry blond hair and being 5'10", I don't see it.

ETA: I uploaded my profile picture to the Celebrity Look Alike Generator and got an 82% match for Nicole Kidman! Who knew?!?

ETA:  This is the picture I used.  (This is an actual photo of me and not a celebrity photo.  I own all rights to this photo.)

Well, you look like yourself and your'e beautiful.

That is TOO a celebrity pic! Gorgeous!

I see you get JLo  & my bestie Anne Heche in the next 5 results.  

I'm so jealous of your hair, I'm going to go sulk a bit now. 

WHY did I not get great hair in the gene lottery, why????

<snort>

We're an attractive pair, we are.

Oscar de la Renta was about 88%.  What the heck?

I'm not trying it for myself.  It'd probably tell me I most resemble Oliver Cromwell's desiccated corpse or something. 

:lol:

Don't worry, I've been called "Sir" by the guy at Chick-Fil-A. (I used to have my hair very, very short &, to be fair, I was wearing a brown fleece pullover that day.) He then corrected himself to say "Ma'am". Then he went back "Sir".  :huh:   Anyway....

If a website matches the picture of this beautiful woman to a man, you know what to think of the website...And you do look like you and nobody else but you  - there a very few celebrities as gorgeous as you!

When I was in my twenties, I had random people think I was Gillian Anderson (Xfiles) about 5 different times.  I didn't see it.  One lady got so excited because she thought she met a celebrity and insisted I was Gillian just trying to keep a low profile.   :huh:  

Don't feel bad, my list included Bruce Willis, Gary Sinise, Tom Cruise, Brittney Spears, Meryl Streep, and Cate Blanchett. :confused1:

And I think you're beautiful, texasmama!

That photo match thing is pretty funny.

I uploaded one photo & came back as matches as Bryan Adams, Joe Biden, Ashanti, & a couple others I can't remember.

I uploaded a different photo and got Roman Polanski (80%!), Demi Moore, Elisha Cuthbert, Sandra Bullock, & Gillian Anderson.

Lol! I can assure you I look like none of them except that maybe Roman & I both share wavy, unruly hair!

Monica, that was YOU in Die Hard???!!! Super awesome! I love your movie!

I'm a badass, I even do all my own stunts. ;)

Oh, and I'm Demi, btw, so I guess we are 'exes' & I probably don't really talk to you anymore....

Noooo!!!!!

http://www.picitup.com/NewMatch/match_results.jsp?searchid=8412651&his=1

Here's another generator. This one had much more consistent results.

Hmmm, that one didn't give me anyone whose name or face I recognized.

In all seriousness, my daughter claims that both of us look a bit like the Romanov daughters, but I suspect that's mostly because of the hair. My daughter (who people say looks like me but I think is infinitely more attractive) looks a bit like the infamous Evelyn Nesbit. She played the character in a production of Ragtime, and we were intrigued at the similarities while she was doing research for the role.

So, maybe that gives you a sense of my "type."

Mary Lou Rhetton. I worked at McDonald's during her Large Fries for Small Fries charity campaign. I can't tell you how many children would look up at her picture up on the menu board and then look at me...and ask, "Is that YOU?" With my short hair...and my returning athletic physique, the similarities are becoming noticeable again. Although, I am a few inches taller! The gym (weights and cardio) are helping me reduce some extra stress. Thinking about going to boot camp tomorrow, and kickboxing on Monday...but I really need PiYo. Yeah...they call me tank (as opposed to tink)

So I took a picture on my phone of an image I pulled up of Jackie O,  and text it to my sister with a note "what do you think? "  Sister said you "look good I love the blazer you're wearing.".....lol  I have not been able to call her to tell her that it was a pciture of Jackie O.  I want her to show mother and see what she thinks.

I showed my kids the picture and they were amazed that I looked like this person.  

People used to tell me I looked very much like a famous country singer. I'd never heard of her, but after getting it fairly often for a while, I was curious. At a record store I saw the cover of her most recent album, and was startled by the resemblance myself! I think the fact that (at the time) I wore my hair just as hers was styled made the facial resemblance more noticeable.

Over the years our styles have diverged, I don't think anyone would compare me to her these days and I can't say I ever became a big fan of her music. But it was fun for a while. I had a wild-n-crazy friend who looked very much like a then-popular tv star; she kept trying to convince me that we should call a talent agency and try to get paid for look-alike appearances.

Which country star and which then-popular tv star? We want to know!

Not any more, but an old boyfriend who was trying to say, "No, I don't need an extra ticket for my girlfriend since she's the 3F kind of girlfriend, not the future fiancee type of girlfriend." on the phone in front of me without turning me into the kind of ex-girlfriend that would giggle about it 30 years later on the internet once said that I looked like "The St. Pauli Girl" on his bottle of beer.

I got the point.

James, you deserve this. :p

OK, I have no idea what a 3F kind of any friend is, but that was so wrong. Boo, hiss, James the Jerk!