Menu

Just for fun, who do people say you look like?

lynn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Natasha Henstridge, from the movie Species. Once I was told Olivia Newton-John, but I don't have the same eyes as her at all. The latter was from a good friend who gasped when he first met me. He adored Olivia Newton-John. :)

(Now I am thinking about him. I really miss him. He moved to Florida years ago.) (ADHD = digression. Sorry.)

I've been told I look like Anita Strindberg a lot.  Except that I have a bit of a button nose, I think it's fairly close-ish.   More often, though, people comment on my voice.  I've been told a million times I sound like Kathleen Turner.

ETA:  If you don't know who Anita Strindberg is, don't google for pics with little kids around.  She was in a lot of Italian horror films.

People used to tell me I looked very much like a famous country singer. I'd never heard of her, but after getting it fairly often for a while, I was curious. At a record store I saw the cover of her most recent album, and was startled by the resemblance myself! I think the fact that (at the time) I wore my hair just as hers was styled made the facial resemblance more noticeable.

Over the years our styles have diverged, I don't think anyone would compare me to her these days and I can't say I ever became a big fan of her music. But it was fun for a while. I had a wild-n-crazy friend who looked very much like a then-popular tv star; she kept trying to convince me that we should call a talent agency and try to get paid for look-alike appearances.

I've gotten Ally Sheedy (??), Elizabeth McGovern, and lately Lauren Graham and Julianna Margulies?  They don't even all look much like each other. Apparently I have dark hair and fair skin.

ETA: And a PP reminded me - Nancy Kerrigan.  Can't believe I forgot that one because that's the one I always get from the skating folk (MIL's a judge, I know a bunch of them).  That one's a bit funny 'cause dh gets insulted.  He doesn't like her nose, and says mine is much cuter.  Sweet guy.  :) (and I really don't have her nose at all... it's just another dark hair/pale skin thing apparently)

Hmmm, I suppose this topic would be "fun" if people had ever told me I looked like Jacqueline Onassis or Julia Ormand or most of the other folks mentioned here. I rarely get told I look like anyone, and the few times I have heard comparisons, they haven't been nearly as flattering.

Edited to add: I'm not complaining, by the way. I'm just expressing a teensy bit of envy.