Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ereks mom

ER's college classes started today...

We moved him into his dorm on Saturday; everything went smoothly. He likes his room, has hit it off with his roommate, and has been making friends and getting involved in college activities.

*I*, on the other hand, cannot seem to shake the blues. I am weepy and sad. I really miss him, but I know he is where he needs to be. We have been so excited for him to have this opportunity, and we feel that God has orchestrated it all. But I am so down! I feel like I am grieving -- and I guess I am -- grieving because it's "the end of a chapter". Please, please, PLEASE tell me it gets better!

:grouphug:

I am right there with you. I did get an earlier start because ds spent the summer away. I keep texting him advice.:lol: Sometimes he replies and sometimes he ignores it. I am trying to give him the space he needs. It will get better. Knowing that God has worked out this situation for them and that they are where they should be is conforting but I still miss him. I try not to spend too much time walking by his room because it makes me sad.

:grouphug:

No advice, just hugs! This is my dd's senior year, and I am just trying to enjoy this year, since I know she will be off to college next year.