Menu

An attempt to replace what was lost- kilt yumminess

jenn-

I've only been around a year or so. Any links to original kilt or cupcake meanings for a newbie? Or general meanings? I like kilts and cupcakes as much as the next person but I'm pretty sure I'm missing something :).

I did manage to read all about tea time though!

I don't remember what the original topic was about, but I remember there was some big fussing going on and the thread was derailed by posts of yummy looking men in kilts.  Unfortunately the thread had to be pulled because of the urgent message thread posted at the top of each forum.  Cupcakes was a "I can't believe we are fighting over cupcakes" thread that ended up with a lot of pictures of cupcakes in it.  Also had to be removed.  So for once, they literally mean kilts and cupcakes.

I don't remember what the original topic was about, but I remember there was some big fussing going on and the thread was derailed by posts of yummy looking men in kilts. Unfortunately the thread had to be pulled because of the urgent message thread posted at the top of each forum. Cupcakes was a "I can't believe we are fighting over cupcakes" thread that ended up with a lot of pictures of cupcakes in it. Also had to be removed. So for once, they literally mean kilts and cupcakes.

Oh, thanks!

That MSN thing was only meh.  Honestly, the women here have posted better. And, let's face it, a kilt montage without David Tennant...well, they ain't hardly trying are they?  There have been some mighty kilt threads on this board.

I think we need a bagpipe band to play farewell to our beloved kilts and cupcakes (or not beloved, whichever makes your kilt fly up)

Ok, so I couldn't pick a more typical bagpipe band because they are often playing for funerals or for memorial day etc and that felt disrespectful.  So, I picked the Utica NY St Patrick's Day parade. A bit lame? Yes, but with a family connection to me so don't make fun. :cool: Years ago, my uncle was the Grand Marshal of that parade.

I think we need Alan Rickman.

First turn on this:

While gazing upon http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nADcLgQsLIo/UPQvqgUu4VI/AAAAAAAAhzc/l4BnuI38rIk/s1600/kilts4.jpg

Thank you, Hornblower, and thanks to Hermione, too!  That video was a treat.  The kilt4.jpg is nice, too, but I'd rather gaze at the video while listening to that voice.  Ahhhhhh....

The cupcake thread started with a discussion about the pros and cons of parents bringing cupcakes to school for kid birthdays. After that, when other threads started going downhill, it became popular to jump in with a "have a cupcake" post.

I can't remember on which thread kilts made their first appearance, but they crop up everywhere in the same way. Thread going south? Let's refocus everyone!

The cupcake thread started with a discussion about the pros and cons of parents bringing cupcakes to school for kid birthdays. After that, when other threads started going downhill, it became popular to jump in with a "have a cupcake" post.

I can't remember on which thread kilts made their first appearance, but they crop up everywhere in the same way. Thread going south? Let's refocus everyone!

I thought the kilts first appeared during the Ken Ham-homeschool convention kerfluffle a couple of summers ago when someone announced she was leaving due to attitudes towards those things.  That was also when the word "kerfluffle" became popular on the board.  

There were crazy spinoff threads all over the place.  It was like a huge virtual party.

Definitely no pictures directly in the thread unless they are yours and even then a link to somewhere else might be safer. But link away if you have something yummy to share.

I know, I know, but he is so "yummy to share". I'll have to go surfing the net to find something to which to link.

I really miss those old threads....

I know, I know, but he is so "yummy to share". I'll have to go surfing the net to find something to which to link.

I really miss those old threads....

Here's a link to Outlander Podcast's review of Ep 107: The Wedding.  Very good official episode photos of Sam in Jamie's wedding finery.  Not as good as the casual photos of Sam in his kilt and leather jacket from the UK Soap Awards but I can't find a photo I can link.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the kilts first appeared during the Ken Ham-homeschool convention kerfluffle a couple of summers ago when someone announced she was leaving due to attitudes towards those things. That was also when the word "kerfluffle" became popular on the board.

There were crazy spinoff threads all over the place. It was like a huge virtual party.

I never did get why people here add an extra L to kerfuffle.

Here's a link to Outlander Podcast's review of Ep 107: The Wedding. Very good official episode photos of Sam in Jamie's wedding finery. Not as good as the casual photos of Sam in his kilt and leather jacket from the UK Soap Awards but I can't find a photo I can link.

He looks fab but her dress is guilty of cruelty to boobs.

I know the story (it's not hers and it's London fashion etc ) but I think that was a mistake. It's not even that it was so low cut as that it's crushing the girls....

He looks fab but her dress is guilty of cruelty to boobs.

I know the story (it's not hers and it's London fashion etc ) but I think that was a mistake. It's not even that it was so low cut as that it's crushing the girls....

I didn't like her dress at all--especially the boob-smashing bodice and the sleeves.

Here's a link to Outlander Podcast's review of Ep 107: The Wedding. Very good official episode photos of Sam in Jamie's wedding finery. Not as good as the casual photos of Sam in his kilt and leather jacket from the UK Soap Awards but I can't find a photo I can link.

I don't think she has big enough breasts for that style of dress. I didn't think it was possible for small breasts to look bad in anything but that dress proved me wrong. They tried too hard to make her look voluptuous and instead they made her look silly. The dress is gorgeous though.