Menu

There is a special place in ;) for all you Firefly fans

kahlanne

So I bought the first Castle on Amazon Prime and really liked it however, I will go broke with that many episodes at $2 each. Any free sites anyone know about? Netflix doesn't seem to have it. :sad:

Netflix has it on DVD, which should be much cheaper than streaming by the episode. 

What's the other one?

Freaks and Geeks

It has only one season.

I would argue that the other best show ever made was Stargate SG1.  :D

Poor Firefly fans. :(

We can never find a more perfect tv show so we just have drag others down into our misery. It is like some sort of cult where there is no salvation, only loss. :lol:

Yep, we must bring more down with us, so we can have someone to commiserate with.

I do think firefly dvds should come with a voucher for a session of grief counselling. It's hard to have something so perfect taken from you so soon.

The graphic novels are good for dipping your toe back into the 'verse, though there's not many of them. and the computer game is out soon.

A voucher for grief counseling would be nice.  Maybe a few sessions, as you can't get over it in just one session (or ever, really).

We have the graphic novels.  I liked them, except for the one about Book.  It wasn't well drawn, and a lot of it didn't make sense.  There is a series of comics out (there are still more to come, IIRC) called Leaves on the Wind.  We don't have them yet though.

Nah, still gonna have to go with Babylon 5. Or possibly Gargoyles. NOT that Stargate isn't a good show, but honestly, Daniel got a lot less attractive when he stopped being so geeky. I've yet to get over my disappointment.

Babylon 5 came SO close to greatness but the rushed Season 4 & then the tacked on Season 5 really didn't work... I'm still so torn on Babylon 5 because I ADORED that universe. Our previous set of pet rats were Marcus, Sheridan & Lennier :)
Stargate SG1 was filmed in my backyard & it's a tad distracting because we're constantly pulled out of the world when we recognize places. Large chunks were filmed at a local university where I spent 3 yrs & which I can practically see from my house....
SG1 also has the rather odd nudity in it in the first half of the 1st season - my kids found it kind of hilarious.

Yep, we must bring more down with us, so we can have someone to commiserate with.

A voucher for grief counseling would be nice.  Maybe a few sessions, as you can't get over it in just one session (or ever, really).

We have the graphic novels.  I liked them, except for the one about Book.  It wasn't well drawn, and a lot of it didn't make sense.  There is a series of comics out (there are still more to come, IIRC) called Leaves on the Wind.  We don't have them yet though.

Maybe group counselling and we all get to dress up, though that would maybe delay the getting over of it.

I have the first one of leaves on the wind. Must buy the rest.

I really like Stargate Atlantis. That's the other show I watch a lot of and miss.

mwahahahahahahah!!!  Another Firefly convert :)

The best is watching Castle and catching all the Firefly references.

I love catching random references in non-related shows.  DH and I are watching the Killing on Netflix and the actress who plays Kaylee is in the show as a minor character/love interest of a main character.  One scene, he's wearing a tank top and she pulls down the collar to see a tattoo of the word "Serenity"across his chest and they have a conversation about it.  

sorry, I kept wanting to quote everyone, so I just "liked" a whole bunch.

Love Firefly - I remember recording it on our fancydancy dvd player and sending episodes to DH while he was deployed.  Those shows got me through a lot!

LOVE Dr. Horrible!  You MUST watch!

We introduced the kids to Firefly/Serenity earlier this year and they're also believers that it's the best show in the 'verse (they're young, so they actually didn't watch one of the later episodes).

I'm going dressed as Kaylee for Halloween this year!!  So excited :).  Of course, DH and DD are being fun haters saying that no one is going to get who I am.  But I'm holding out that at least one person at the party we're going to will be a geek.

I have this on my car.  Crappy pic, but my jeep is red, so the quote is red.  Only one person has "gotten" it, though  :glare:

Nah, still gonna have to go with Babylon 5. Or possibly Gargoyles. NOT that Stargate isn't a good show, but honestly, Daniel got a lot less attractive when he stopped being so geeky. I've yet to get over my disappointment.

It's not about Daniel (though I absolutely agree with your assessment), it's about JACK.  JACK!  The show really went down hill  when Richard Dean Anderson left the show.  I remember the show Gargoyles!  I really liked it, but it doesn't even come close to Stargate.

It's not about Daniel (though I absolutely agree with your assessment), it's about JACK.  JACK!  The show really went down hill  when Richard Dean Anderson left the show.  I remember the show Gargoyles!  I really liked it, but it doesn't even come close to Stargate.

Yeah the last couple of series of Sg1 just shouldn't have happened. There was such a lot of natural closure of plot lines at the end of season 8 , everything after that just felt off. I didn't really like the Ori story arc much. I liked the films though. Recently I did a rewatch and stopped at that point and watched Atlantis. Though there's the odd episode in the last couple of series that I like

Yeah the last couple of series of Sg1 just shouldn't have happened. There was such a lot of natural closure of plot lines at the end of season 8 , everything after that just felt off. I didn't really like the Ori story arc much. I liked the films though. Recently I did a rewatch and stopped at that point and watched Atlantis. Though there's the odd episode in the last couple of series that I like

I thought 200 was silly and funny, so we can never watch that one enough.  It should have had more RDA in it though.  Also the Ori?  Blah.  We call them the B'Ori.  

That never really happened. LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Hahaha!  And that's why I write SG1 fan fiction!

I've read quite a bit of Stargate Atlantis fanfiction but none of the sg1 fan fic. Some of the Atlantis fan fic is plain weird but the ones that turned into official ones were really good.

I also enjoyed a BBC sci fi from a few years back called Outcasts (there's another non BBC series with the same name). 

• 1 month later...

My costume for this year.  My DH and DD think that no one will get it.  What do y'all think?  (yes, I still need to dirty up the coveralls)

IMG_0059_zps905b678f.jpg

I think there are just some costumes that not everyone is going to get. I had a jawa costume last year, some people had no idea what I was and some people even thought it was a scary costume. Jawas are not scary!

I think there are just some costumes that not everyone is going to get. I had a jawa costume last year, some people had no idea what I was and some people even thought it was a scary costume. Jawas are not scary!

Last year I wore a shirt with a tie, black pants, a ponytail, and a fox mask and was one of the dancers from the "What Does the Fox Say?" video, and a lot of people still didn't get it.