Menu

seeing private group posts

hornblower

I'm tiptoeing because I know there was hubbub about it but I don't really have time to figure out exactly what the issues were & the resolution.....

but I did want to report that I can still see posts from private social groups on the New Content page.

If I try to go to that post, it says I don't have permission. But hovering over the post gives a chunk of info in the pop up.

I've signed out and looked at New Content as a guest and cannot see my private group information at all.  I did have to tweak the settings to make it that way, though.  I think on another thread I posted instructions on what I did which is good since I can't remember off-hand what I did!  I had to change the profile page of the group to do it.  

I've signed out and looked at New Content as a guest and cannot see my private group information at all.  I did have to tweak the settings to make it that way, though.  I think on another thread I posted instructions on what I did which is good since I can't remember off-hand what I did!  I had to change the profile page of the group to do it.  

have you done this in the last 12 hours, because last night I could see your "wish I had listened" post.  I clocked on it and it told me I couldn't access the post, which is good, but I could still see the preview of your post on the new content list.  Actually, I thought I messaged you to let you know, but it looks like I wandered off without sending it.

have you done this in the last 12 hours, because last night I could see your "wish I had listened" post.  I clocked on it and it told me I couldn't access the post, which is good, but I could still see the preview of your post on the new content list.  Actually, I thought I messaged you to let you know, but it looks like I wandered off without sending it.

Hornblower let me know.  I've tried to fix it but she says she can still see it.  What is weird is that if I log out and look as a guest, I can't see any of that content in New Content but if an actual member (but not of the hidden group) looks, they can see it.  Frustrating.  I don't mind so much about my own posts because I've shared much of the same content on open areas but some people in the group really want to protect their privacy and should be able to do so.  

I had this happen earlier today; it was a thread started by you. I didn't realize it was in a chat group and tried to open it. Because I'd read previously that people had been able to hover and see the beginning, but hadn't been able to duplicate it last month, I tried it out again and I can report that I did successfully read the first few lines of your post. I immediately purged it from my mind, but I was a bit surprised. I think it's the same thread Grover is referring to.

ok, looking further at this - Jean, if I go to your profile and click on your topics, I can see your entire post in that closed group - more than I could see from the new posts listing.  I'm not usually a snoop, I promise, I was just wondering if it worked that way too. 

I can still see posts from private social groups on the New Content page.

If I try to go to that post, it says I don't have permission. But hovering over the post gives a chunk of info in the pop up.

This has always been the case for me.

I can see the first and last post when I hover over a thread on the New Content page, but when I click on the thread it says I don't have permission.