Menu

Brock Magiscope questions

Eagle

I have a Brock Magiscope in my shopping cart and have a few questions before I purchase. I would love to hear from people who own one already.

- I am looking at Model #70, package 4. It comes with all the lenses. I have heard once before that the 40x lens isn't worth it because you can't adjust it finely enough to be sharp. I notice the #70 says it has a "fine adjustment ramp focus" -- does this eliminate the problem and make the 40x lens worth having? Maybe this is a newer feature that the older models didn't have?

- One of the main reasons I chose this microscope is that we live at the beach and I would like to take it outside frequently. On the website there is a "surface adaptor" attachment. Is this a necessity for using the Brock without a stand? The Brock website does not ship to Canada, so I plan to order from Rainbow Resource and they don't carry this accessory. If you think it is necessary is it something I could make?

- Rainbow Resources does not specifically list the 4x lens for this package, but it is shown in the photo and is listed on the Brock site as being standard with the #70. Can anyone who has ordered package 4 from RR confirm that they received the 4x lens?

Many thanks!