Menu

A new royal baby coming!

indigomama

I wish I didn't care about this. I just love this couple. Of course, my taxes do not support them, so I can keep liking them from this side of the pond! I love that Prince William married a commoner and a BRUNETTE!  Apparently, I have deep-seated resentment towards blondes after growing up watching drivel shows like Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie and seeing the evil brunette sister or cousin.

My Dh says, "We fought a war...." He's no fun. 

I feel so bad for her with her severe morning sickness.  I really lucked out on that regard.

Hope she has a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.  May Prince George be a great big brother.  I hope he and his little sibling are as close as Prince Harry and Prince William/the Duke of Cambridge are.  

a few weeks ago they published a clip of kate twisting her hair at some event.  they did some silly suppositions of what she might have been thinking about.

I confess - my first thought at that clip was "she's pregnant."

satisfying to see I was correct.

and I do wish them all the best. 

Diana loved children.  I think she'd have been a fabulous grandmother.

I think one just hopes that one family in that clan will be happy and it looks like these two are doing well. Sad that Diana did not live to see her son and dil defying the odds.

Don't worry - the royal family is a good deal for the UK tax payers.

L

Thank you for that! So, if that is the case, why are so many Brits anti-Royal? We host British soccer (football :) coaches every year, and while most of them seem to not have much of an opinion about the Royal Family...there have been a few who have been very outspoken about their dislike of them. I also have a FB friend (friend of a friend) who hates them with a passion, and makes no bones about it. I have thought of asking her at times, but I don't personally know her...and I am almost afraid to.

Thank you for that! So, if that is the case, why are so many Brits anti-Royal? We host British soccer (football :) coaches every year, and while most of them seem to not have much of an opinion about the Royal Family...there have been a few who have been very outspoken about their dislike of them. I also have a FB friend (friend of a friend) who hates them with a passion, and makes no bones about it. I have thought of asking her at times, but I don't personally know her...and I am almost afraid to.

Here's a funny (but a bit blue, you've been warned) clip of Martin Freeman when he met Prince William. 

I think that the majority feeling about the royal family is more-or-less indifference.  Some will hate; some will adore.  It's a normal range.  I think that the royal family stand proxy for feelings about lack of social mobility in Britain, although it's very similar in level to social mobility in the US, in fact.

L