Menu

So, I....uuuuhhhhhh......broke my hip.

Mommyfaithe

Ouch! I feel for ya. I fractured my pelvis last winter and it was bad enough being on crutches during the winter. I would've been going squirrelly in the summer. Time to pick up some knitting or crocheting I suppose and read some books that you haven't had time to get to.

Yep, got books, got curricula and kids, and I think it may be time to scan and organize 30 years of photos which are sitting in a huge drawer.

I broke it.... Uhhhhhh...... Running. And falling.....then running on it. I was totally in denial until I couldnt get out of my car without using my hands to swing my leg out of the door. Going to have a great first semester back to school. I am grounded, so....they are too.

Oh no! I hope you heal quickly and well! And really stay off it. My dad had a stress fracture in his foot. He stayed off it for a little over a month and then started putting weight on it again because he felt better and he was "still taking it easy". :glare:  Yeah. He reinjured it and wound up grounded for another 6 weeks and the doc said he would have to put a pin in it if my dad wouldn't give it time to heal properly.

Don't be like my dad!

Ouch!  You definitely have my sympathies, almost more for the time "off" than the actual injury.  I've no clue how I would amuse myself for a week or two without being able to get out.  I'm not sure I could do more than a day or two to be honest - and that might be stretching it.  You might have to figure out how it's done so you can help any of the rest of us should we get in your boat.  ;)

In the meantime... best wishes with it... may recovery go smoothly and be complete - and may your brain not go haywire! 

Be careful with it.  My middle stepson broke his hip (femoral neck/head) earlier this summer and the doc said the major blood vessel runs in that area and if it gets damaged it can die off and result in a total hip replacement.  

Stefanie

I am so sorry. I don't know what to tell you.?We are struggling to find ways to help or son pass the time while he heels from his shattered femur. He has sgarted week nine and has at least three more weeks possibly more before he can attempt any weight bearing and then a year of physical therapy.

Maybe someone could show you how to knit, crochet, or hand quilt. Scrapbooking, organizing photographs, ....