Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5kidsforME

A question about being banned

If you are banned does that mean you can read the message boards but can not post or can you neither read or post?

I have been gone for a couple of days and see that a couple people are banned and am just wondering.

I don't know how it works here, but on other sites unless they're private boards, if you're banned, you can still read the threads. With the format of this board, I'd assume that they can still read.

Hmmm. Don't know. Who's Banned? How have you seen that they are? I don't know.

It says under their name instead of what bee "level" they are at, its says, banned. I was wondering because one of the banned people had a green dot next to their name so I guess they can still read the forums.....?

With VBulletin they shouldn't be able to read the forums if they are logged in. It should give them a "You are banned" message of some sort.

But, that is just that software in general. I don't know how they have it set up

With VBulletin they shouldn't be able to read the forums if they are logged in. It should give them a "You are banned" message of some sort.

But, that is just that software in general. I don't know how they have it set up

But they should be able to view it when they're not logged in unless their IPs were also banned, which is difficult to do since not all IPs are static.

But they should be able to view it when they're not logged in unless their IPs were also banned, which is difficult to do since not all IPs are static.

Right. You can see exactly what they can if you log out and view the board as a guest. IPs are only banned for extreme circumstances, usually. Like people posting p*rn, etc.