Menu

A question about being banned

Hmmm. Don't know. Who's Banned? How have you seen that they are? I don't know.

It says under their name instead of what bee "level" they are at, its says, banned. I was wondering because one of the banned people had a green dot next to their name so I guess they can still read the forums.....?

With VBulletin they shouldn't be able to read the forums if they are logged in. It should give them a "You are banned" message of some sort.

But, that is just that software in general. I don't know how they have it set up

But they should be able to view it when they're not logged in unless their IPs were also banned, which is difficult to do since not all IPs are static.

But they should be able to view it when they're not logged in unless their IPs were also banned, which is difficult to do since not all IPs are static.

Right. You can see exactly what they can if you log out and view the board as a guest. IPs are only banned for extreme circumstances, usually. Like people posting p*rn, etc.