1. 1. Is there any correlation btwn. Temp. Sensitivity and Vit. Deficiency

• I am not sensitive to hot/cold temp and have no known vit. deficiency
    • I am mildly sensitive to hot/cold temp and have no know vit. deficiency
    • I am highly sensitive to hot/cold temp and have no known vit. deficiency
    • I am mildly sensitive to hot/cold temp and have some vit. deficiency
    • I am highly sensitive to hot/cold temp and have vit. deficiency
    • I am not sensitive to hot/cold, but I do have vit. deficiency
    • Other

I do NOT do well in the cold at all. Which makes winter up here in the north very depressing. When other folks are still outside doing fine, I'm having to take deep breaths and put on 3 layers of wool socks to be ok outside. I had some major frostbite on my hands feet and ears when I was a kid though and I have found that my hands feet and ears start hurting really fast now. Now in the summer, when it is getting hot enough that my oldest ds and my dh are starting to melt and hide inside, I'm outside soaking it up and loving it. I don't have any known vitamin deficiency although my b12 always is sitting at the very bottom end of where they are ok with it being.  I have very poor circulation and my blood pressure is super low. Maybe that's why I love the heat.

I don't really know how to answer this. I don't have any known vitamin issues. However, I have lived in the South all my life and in a house without a/c till I left for college, so I'd say I'm pretty tolerant of the heat. Have to be! As for the cold, I'm not very tolerant of it because I lack proper clothing and when it gets cold here, we just stay inside till it warms up again :) I'd probably handle things differently if I was from a cold climate.

I put that I am mildly sensitive, but more so to cold than hot.  I can be hot and uncomfortable but still be fine.  If I get chilled, I start visibly shaking and that is just freaking miserable!  I am more irritated by my bodies response to cold, that the cold itself.  LOL  

I do have recently diagnosed vitamin deficiencies, but I haven't spent anytime in the cold since I have started to rectify those, so I have no idea if they are related or not.

I don't do well in either extreme. I am taking lots of supplements per direction of my naturopath. I had a comprehensive panel done and nothing is deficient.

I am just a whimp, a limp rag when it gets above F95 and that is the temp here from May till October. Today, we are supposed to be in the high eighties only. I am ecstatic.

I can take the heat but not the cold. Good thing I live in the south. We keep our house at 68F in winter and I'm always cold, chilled, goosebumps, uncomfortable. And I'm the only one who needs to bundle up indoors--hat, wool socks, sweater. The dc go around in t-shirts. Dh will wear a sweatshirt but he has hypothyroidism so he has an excuse to be cold. I have no known vitamin deficiencies nor thyroid issues.

I love the heat. Going into a hot car on a summer day after being in an air conditioned building makes me feel great. Everyone else is yelling to blast the A/C because they're dying but I like to just sit and soak in the heat for a few minutes. I have no tolerance for cold, however. I will feel cold in the 70s and don't like to swim unless it's at least hotter than 85 outside. It's not because I have no experience with cold climates. I'm less tolerant of cold than I was as a child, but even then I didn't like it. I grew up with cold, snowy winters and have lived in places like that as an adult too. I dream of moving somewhere tropical where it never dips below 70.

I have low Vit D. 

I don't do well with extremes. I usually do best in cold, but I have Raynaud's now which made this entire past winter horrific for me.  I do best with PNW weather-damp and mild.  The Midwest and southern extremes have pushed my body beyond what they're capable of now.  I do have iron deficiency anemia, but none other that I know.  B12 is normal-no idea about D.

I voted other, but my situation is a bit odd. I have Reynaud's Disease (diagnosed in my teens), but the worst symptoms disappear if my thyroid meds are at a good level. I have lasting nerve damage from the years my thyroid issues went untreated, and that can result in sensations of hot tingling areas when my exposed skin first comes in contact with really cold air. The flip side is that when i touch something really hot I usually get a sensation of ice cold somewhere on my skin. My wiring is pretty messed up. :laugh: I do pretty well overall in almost any weather, though. I actually enjoy the extremes, and missed them during the years I lived in California. I love it when the temps are in the 90s, and I don't mind shoveling when it is below freezing. 

Do you mean being sensitive in touching/eating/drinking heat or cold, or being in a hot or cold environment (outdoors or indoors)?

I think that there's a difference, as we can have sensitivities in specific locations of our bodies (e.g., teeth) and still be pretty tolerant of the general environmental temp. or vice versa, or sensitive for both.

As I grow older, I really hate the cold winters a lot more. I dress properly and all, but it just gets to me more. I also have more allergies that seem to act up when it's hot and humid outdoors. Humidity is really a critical factor when talking about environmental temperatures. I think it's more of a factor than actual temperature.

I don't really have any special sensitivities to hot or cold on specific body parts. I like to ice down an accute injury, and I enjoy an relaxing hot bath. 

The other day I was interviewing some kids at Starbucks for a leadership thing and to apologizing from shivering. By the time we finished my fingers were blue. We were sitting under the air conditioner vent. I used to put my hands on the back of kids necks as a way to wake them up in class.

I'm good with cold, but I get crabby once it hits 85 (80 if it's humid). Not particularly sensitive to it, but I'm grumpy. I am more sensitive to trying to sleep in the heat. I toss and turn and can't get comfortable on the hot nights if we don't have the A/C on. Thankfully there were only a few of those this summer and the A/C was in the window ready to go!

Not sure on the vitamin deficiency. I'm probably low on D, but I do take a supplement. 

Heat doesn't bother me at all, but I have cold urticaraia and get wicked hives if I expose my skin to cold. For me, I will break out in temps less than about 50 on my legs specifically, but also arms (face is usually fine). I walk a lot in the morning and I have to be very careful about temp shifts from cold to hot and keeping my legs covered.

I despise being hot. I'm not even happy if it's a bit too warm. I define 'a bit too warm' as anything over 70.  I like it cool. If there is a slight chill in the air, I'm in my happy place. Temps in the 50-60 are perfect. We keep our house set at 62 in the winter. 

However, I know when I was struggling with anemia, I was always cold. I was always nudging the thermostat higher. As a matter of fact, that's how I knew it was really severe.  Now that blood levels are normal, temps are set lower again.

I have a bit of a Vit D deficiency but I don't think it has anything to do with my intolerance to heat.

ETA: I have two kids with Raynaud's and two more who are 'swamp blossoms'. It's a constant struggle to set the thermostat when they are all in the house!

Thank-you for all the responses. It appears the hive minds have no strong correlation btwn. temp. sensitivity and vitamin deficiency. Maybe it is just how we are wired? It is a bit annoying though to be intolerant to both heat and cold...especially living in an area that experiences both. But, it will soon be fall! This is my absolute favorite time of year. Oct. temps here are just about perfect. We will have school outside frequently and enjoy being outdoors before it gets cold and I hide inside again.

My comfort zone is 50 - 80 (10 - 27C).  If I have to go outside of that I prefer cold to hot.  Give me 20 degrees over 90.

However, winter here (southern PA) is just a little bit too long for me (too long outside my comfort zone), so I appreciate spending Feb in a warmer (but not hot) place.

I grew up in far upstate NY (Canadian border) where below 0 temps were common, but above 80 were not, so I think I'm more used to the cold than the heat.  When we lived in FL for 5 years, the heat through the way-too-lengthy summer was a bit unbearable, so we moved north again.

Snowbirding could be ideal, except I'd miss the change in seasons.

No vitamin deficiencies that I'm aware of.