Menu

Veg Source and Crockpots

goldberry

I remember VegSource!!!  They look exactly the same as I remember.

I also used to hang out on Mothering.com's boards.  There's also (or was) amity mama? or something like that.  (Yes, I wear birkenstocks and am crunchy. ;))

I do miss the community on the old MDC boards. They're not what they used to be at all. So many people had problems with the new format (or just hated it) that they left, then more people were up in arms over the new Facebook and marketing policies and they all left, and I think attachment parenting (and all its companion styles) just became more mainstream in general, so it seems to have stalled out on developing a significant user base.

Those boards got me through a major time in life as a mom though. I don't know what I would have done without them. The WTM boards have filled that role for this stage of my life, thankfully.

I do miss the community on the old MDC boards. They're not what they used to be at all. So many people had problems with the new format (or just hated it) that they left, then more people were up in arms over the new Facebook and marketing policies and they all left, and I think attachment parenting (and all its companion styles) just became more mainstream in general, so it seems to have stalled out on developing a significant user base.

Those boards got me through a major time in life as a mom though. I don't know what I would have done without them. The WTM boards have filled that role for this stage of my life, thankfully.

Yes, I loved MDC when I was pregnant with DD9 and her early years.  I visited them a little bit when trying to get pregnant with DD1 but it's just not the same.  The community and the crappy forum software. 

I did avoid WTM for a while, though, because of how anti many posters were about it on MDC.  LOL  But, as an eclectic homeschooler who takes what I like and leaves the rest behind, I got over that. ;)

I remember VegSource!!! They look exactly the same as I remember.

I also used to hang out on Mothering.com's boards. There's also (or was) amity mama? or something like that. (Yes, I wear birkenstocks and am crunchy. ;))

I was there during my crunchy phase. Wasn't that board especially famous for diapers?

I was active on MDC. I don't think it was big on diapers. I went to diaperpin for that.

Not MDC (I never liked it or stayed because of the heavy NCP and Alfie Kohn tone). I got links to MDC a lot due to my parenting site. Amity's was the diaper place.

Am I the only one who is a bit disconcerted that there was quite possibly more than one "diaper place?" ;)

Hey, I know there are forums for all kinds of interests, but..... :D

:lol: There was also Diaperswappers. It's still around, and still huge, I think. MDC was pretty big for diapers for awhile--any cloth I bought that wasn't new, I bought there. They had a very active Trading Post board for a long time. Then there were some problems with people not holding up their ends of deals, and the admins closed it. They finally reopened it due to popular demand, but by then it was too late. So many veteran users had left the board and so many new users didn't even know the Trading Post existed that it was never the same again. It's still there, but it's sloooooooooow.

I remember the Vegsource homeschooling board! Does anyone remember when they started banning people based upon IP carriers until nobody was left to participate? Good times.

yes I remember some of that. It was a wacky place at times.  I vaguely remember the ban against the meat post.

I remember VegSource!!!  They look exactly the same as I remember.

I also used to hang out on Mothering.com's boards.  There's also (or was) amity mama? or something like that.  (Yes, I wear birkenstocks and am crunchy. ;))

Amity's! Wow, I'd forgotten that place. I hung out there a lot after my twins were born, for nursing and cloth diapering advice. Used to love all the co-op buys people put together, but the frequent dramas got old.