Menu

Sparkly Unicorn?

Firefly

I am having a conversation.

I am sorry that I "only" quoted your post and made it seem as if I was reprimanding you.

I was interacting with the theme/idea that people should not feel what they clearly FEEL.

I would appreciate it if you kept the topic on content, as I have tried to do. If I missed that mark, I apologize as it was not my intent to get personal towards you or anyone.

Of course we are all entitled to feel what we clearly feel. When you express that you feel slighted (hurt, excluded, whatever) in a public conversation, you're putting the ownership of your feelings on the members of a group with which *you do not share the common tie*.

And, yes, there are other unsearchable private groups. You don't know about them because they are not outed as the side show that apparently the atheists of the forums are. I honestly think many of you would be shocked at how many obviously conservative Christians wanted to join the atheist group before it went of the social groups listing.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only did I not know it was happening, I didn't even know there *were* private social groups. LOL

For all I know, ya'll are a bunch of soulless auto posting bots from a parallel universe here to mess with my mind. :blink: In other words: the ultimate gas-lighting experiment.

It's like we're living in a Phillip K. Dick story, lol.

The thing is though, you do have to be proactive in your online relationships, as well as your offline ones. So it's not flippant to say 'start your own group'. It's good advice. (Not that Rosie was saying that).

Friendship and support online isn't something that just happens.

Idk. People were asking to join the atheist group until recently, so it wasn't a terribly well held secret. There is also an open social group - I think - for atheists, agnostics and so on if anyone is interested or needed support.

Yes, and the open group was started largely in part because we got no help in ever getting that invite thing to work.  The group owners couldn't invite people, couldn't add people -- nothing -- and all appeals for help were met with silence or "we'll look into it." Now THAT is dismissive.

I am the moderator of two hidden groups.  They are hidden simply because we share personal information on the groups.  One shares prayer requests and one shares medical information.  There was no other way that we could figure out with this software to keep posts from showing up on the New Content section of the board.  So in an attempt to protect people's privacy we've had to go black ops.  If someone wants to join the Chronic Illness Moms group or the Bible Believing Christians group you can PM me.  I will look at your posting history if you are someone I don't "know".  I don't believe I've ever turned any one down.  It has taken me awhile to approve people at times simply because of my own illness issues.  I am a "moderator" and not an "owner" of the group simply because the owners (the person who started the group) has stopped posting much on the WTM board and asked me to take over and this was the only way they could do it with this software.  So lots of decisions are made simply because of this software and what it lets us do and prevents us from doing.  

Not that it really matters at this point I guess, since I think the issue may have been fixed (I hope), and others have confirmed the issue existed, but if anyone cares and would like to confirm the tech issues with inviting people into groups, just go to the site board.  Lots of frustrated posts over there going quite a ways back regarding the inability to add more members to various Social Groups.

Best wishes.

Maybe we should go back to the original content of the thread:

I really miss SparklyUnicorn not being here.

Yes, She always had something funny/interesting/supportive to say.  And she had the best icons.

Does anyone know of anyone else that was as prolific at posting?  She must have amazingly fast typing skills.  :)

And I do still miss her "voice" being here.