Menu

Who Comes Up With These Lame FB Memes for B.Cancer?

Lady Marmalade

Have you all seen the new one?   I saw two people in my feed in the last while post that they had won $900 in a scratch off.   A little digging, and here is what it is:

Sorry! You should not have liked or commented!!!! Now you have to pick from one of these below and post it to your status. This is THE 2014 BREAST CANCER AWARENESS game. Don't be a spoil sport, pick your poison from one of these and change your status, 1) Damn diarrhea 2) Just used my boobs to get out of a speeding ticket 3) How do you get rid of foot fungus 4) No toilet paper, goodbye socks. 5) I think I'm in love with someone, what should I do? 6) I've decided to stop wearing underwear 7) it's confirmed, I'm going to be a Mommy/Daddy! 8 ) Just won $900 on a scratch card 9) I've just found out I've been cheated on the past 5 months. Post with no explanations. So sorry, I fell for it too. Looking forward to your post...

You're all welcome for the heads up. 

Apparently if I don't want to know the answer to something I don't comment. I have seen friends post a couple of those things but didn't know why.

I don't mind funny things to spread awareness but these cryptic jokes don't do much IMO. I am not offended by them I am just not sure it is doing much.

Yes, this.  I don't get this at all.  At least the bra color one was related as far as the body part associated with it.  What all these random things have to do with breast cancer?  If I posted most of those as my status the gossip mill would be flying and the result would not be good at all- and it would be nothing related to cancer awareness.

The breast cancer ones are just annoying. All they do is serve to confuse people and when they realize it's about breast cancer, they are usually still confused. The fake pregnancy announcements are in particularly poor taste, in my opinion. And saying you've been cheated on? That could really mess with some people's emotions if they took it seriously. Thanks for the heads up, it's nice to have a whole list of posts to avoid commenting on. :)

Thankfully, I didn't comment or like.  I was just grateful that one of my friends was tired of privately messaging everyone who commented on her scratchie win, so she posted publicly in the comments.  

I wouldn't have "played along" anyway, but at least I won't look like I'm a heel for not doing it. 

A FB friend posted about using her boobs to get out of a speeding ticket a few months ago. It was so out of character for her and so many people commented, so she finally explained the purpose. Personally, it did nothing to make me support or even be more aware of breast cancer.  :001_rolleyes:

I  have never understood this meme and I have never participated. I just don't get it at all!  :confused:

I don't get them either....didn't before breast cancer became a part of my life--didn't even more post diagnosis.

At least the ice bucket challenge brought awareness to a disease and helped raise money. The BC ones are just stupid.

Surely the hive could come up with something better for breast cancer awareness....

I "fell for" that one awhile back. Someone posted the one about using her boobs to get out of a speeding ticket. I commented "LOL" because it was so unlike her, I thought it must be a joke. Then I got the message that I "had" to post something. Ha. I'm not in middle school, I don't cave to peer pressure. Nobody can tell me I "have" to do anything. I did not continue the stupid game. I don't think they were even saying it was the breast cancer thing then, it was just a dumb game.