Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 8/24 - 8/30

Negin

Sunday was rest day.  My kids and I seem to be feeling poorly so it made sense. I ran a purposefully slow 3 miles this morning just to move.  I didn't feel up to an all out push.  I came home to find the 6yo vomiting.  She had made a bed with her sleeping bag in the bathroom so at least there was no clean up.  Poor baby.  Of course today was to be the start of school so maybe it's a plot?  :confused1:

Sunday I ran 10 miles.  I had to drive to the city during the afternoon. I had planned to come home and do a nice Yin practice, but competing with that was me wanting to finish the mystery novel I had started the day before. A glass of wine and book won out. :D  I did get up this morning and have a lovely 30 minute vinyassa practice.  

4 Miles of Leslie.

I came home to find the 6yo vomiting.  She had made a bed with her sleeping bag in the bathroom so at least there was no clean up.  Poor baby.  

Hope that she's better. 

I miss my rebounder

:grouphug:

Lisa, strep is going around here as well, weird this time of year.

I've just been walking and busting my butt around here keeping up with everything, very, very busy. Physically I'm up and down, this weekend was great but then I haven't slept well for who knows what reason and my sinuses are killing me even with double dosing claritin. I'm still not near where I was though, as I said I am still able to keep with walking and everything around the house and with the kids activities and schooling. 

Glad she didn't need surgery. Hope she recovers soon.

Two out of my three have a cold. Cross fingers that I don't get it. 

I didn't post my workout yesterday, but I did a quick, easy 30 minutes. 

Today was HIIT which was hard but fun. New moves for a few of them. There is a 2nd WO scheduled for this afternoon but we all know how it is trying to squeeze in an afternoon wo. I have to take oldest to his algebra class and have a couple errands. We'll see. 

I hope this sickness doesn't hit my area!  My dd, in college, said something bad is going around there.  Yuck.  I don't have time for illness. :P 

Mommyfaithe, I hope your quad is better soon!  I hate when injury keeps me from running. 

Today was a 5.5 mile run, with three 1 mile repeats, and I nailed my tempo pace (which is only 10:00 per mile, but good for me. :) )  I then did 20 minutes of yoga. 

I am glad surgery was avoided.  Strep often makes a summer appearance. I know it was going around here this year at all the summer camps and swimming lessons.

I have done one 60 min TA workout this week. I missed out almost all of last week due to family being here etc. It was much busier than I expected.  The next two weeks are just sort of difficult. I am almost done with lesson plans through January and then I am done with that big job, yay! but now it is lots of running the kids around to end of summer get togethers and extra kids in the house. It makes it difficult to find the time. I had wanted to do tonique today, but might have to settle for a Leslie video on youtube? At this point, anything is better than nothing, right?

Pulled my quad up by my hip last Thursday. I ran on it Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. Today I am resting, icing, heating and resting!

Nooooooo!

Did almost 3 miles with husband of 30/20/10 tabata running.  Very fun..  So happy husband has joined me.

Physical Therapy.  It was awesome- he said I could start running in my neighborhood with hills again up to 5 miles moderate intensity as long as my injured calf felt didn't start feeling it with sharp pains or charlie horses.  Sooo, after therapy I ran 2.8 miles- I walked about a mile's worth of the higher hills because I could feel my calf but finished feeling like a hero.  It was beautiful outside and I probably was grinning like an idiot the whole time.

What's really great is that he wrote up a whole schedule for me that coordinates my martial arts training with weights and running.  I love schedules- I'm such a list checker.

An odd blessing from tearing my calf muscle in June is that the PT guy noticed that my knee on my "good leg" is 50% as strong as my left leg, probably from an accident I had a year ago that I never had therapy for.  It may have contributed to tearing my calf.  It's also what makes me stumble when I sprint- I just thought I was uncoordinated.

Kettle bell and MMA and the 2 mike slow stroll.

You kettle bell people- arghhhhh!&$!&$@!- will I ever get better? It's so odd feeling, and I am soooooo sore. That the soreness is in the right places is my only comfort- well Aleve is my other comfort.

I've done a full yoga practice 2x - and a targeted one once.  and I've walked.  yesterday I was up over 8500 steps.  I was planning on more yoga - but just 'cause kids are adults doesn't mean they don't demand your time.  one drove up at the exact same time as me and that was how I spent my evening.. . . .

Kettle bell and MMA and the 2 mike slow stroll.

You kettle bell people- arghhhhh!&$!&$@!- will I ever get better? It's so odd feeling, and I am soooooo sore. That the soreness is in the right places is my only comfort- well Aleve is my other comfort.

Whenever I take a couple of weeks off from kettlebell and then restart the soreness comes back.  I think that's the nature of weights in general.  You do get better, but it takes time.  And at least it's a good sore. 

Yoga today.  I did an Astanga practice, and it felt so good to do all of those vinyasas.  I was supposed to run and do kettlebell, but I seem to have injured my hamstring with yesterday's hill repeats, so I decided to take the day off from the harder stuff.  The yoga was good.  I also had a nice yoga practice last night, to stretch out my hips and hamstrings.  

Hey y'all! I am still exercising..just being a lazy exercise reporter. I worked up the nerve to attempt cartwheels this week. I am sore in muscles that just shouldn't be sore from doing cartwheels... but I did do them after a hard run.

I'm still at my normal run/sprints/bleachers/basketball routines