Menu

Thinkwell on Sale at Homeschoool Buyers Coop

Just in case anyone was making a last minute decision. You can find available products and discounts here.

You can actually wait up to 12 months to start the subscription. I have one child using Thinkwell Biology now and just added Chemistry for the other to use in the spring.

Homeschool buyers Coop is free to join and does various group buys at discounted prices. They do typically have some sort of small fee per order, just a few dollars. At this point the discount on the Thinkwell product I'm buying is 40%, $60.00, which makes the fee insignificant. I have bought through Homeschool Buyers Coop several times with no issues. You can find great reviews from others buying through them as well. They have lots of great deals and some just ok deals :).

Homeschool buyers Coop is free to join and does various group buys at discounted prices. They do typically have some sort of small fee per order, just a few dollars. At this point the discount on the Thinkwell product I'm buying is 40%, $60.00, which makes the fee insignificant. I have bought through Homeschool Buyers Coop several times with no issues. You can find great reviews from others buying through them as well. They have lots of great deals and some just ok deals :).

I love homeschool buyers co-op :) I've never heard of thinkwell though. I'm super curious to find more about it!

I love homeschool buyers co-op :) I've never heard of thinkwell though. I'm super curious to find more about it!

Thinkwell is video based courses. You can find quite a few reviews on the high school board. If you search by subject and Thinkwell, you should be able to find reviews of Biology, Chemistry and the high school math levels. All are discussed with reasonable frequency and varying opinions. They have excellent teachers and instruction, but the sciences don't include labs and the math gets criticized for having explanations of simpler problems, but not enough of some of the more complex. I haven't tried their math, so that is purely from reading reviews. They have a few other courses, Government, Economics, Speech... again generally positive, but somewhat mixed reviews. 

For charter parents out there, I would like to point out that the coop actually accepts purchase orders from some of them. I found out about it last year and it was great. I had a couple hundred dollars left and I am adamant about spending my funds on non returnable items. We bought Thinkwell biology at half price (yay) and some other online programs.

My son just started Thinkwell Biology too and so far he loves the teacher. I made him do Biology kicking and screaming, but the first day he started watching the videos, he told me, he could not stop watching the guy. Crossing fingers! 

We've been very happy with Thinkwell. My kids love Mr. Burger for math. We're about to start our 4th course, Algebra 2, with my 8th and 11th graders. My daughter wasn't quite as impressed with Biology, but still solid content. She just didn't like the teacher as well.