Menu

R&S Teaching Aides.

TheRosySeven

For anyone here who uses R&S math curriculums, do you create all the teaching aids they talk about in the beginning of the book? We're using R&S 1 and 2 right now and I'm wondering if any of the teaching aides are super important?

We used the ducks briefly in the 1 with our older kids and they helpes a lot.

Any suggestions??

For anyone here who uses R&S math curriculums, do you create all the teaching aids they talk about in the beginning of the book? We're using R&S 1 and 2 right now and I'm wondering if any of the teaching aides are super important?

We used the ducks briefly in the 1 with our older kids and they helpes a lot.

Any suggestions??

For first grade, the flash cards are vital, and because there are so many of them, it's much better to buy them than to make them.

Some of the visuals for first grade can be anything. The bee charts...meh...I'd probably go ahead and get them because I'd always wonder if I should have gotten them, lol.

If you run a search here using just the word blossom you can find several examples of how others did those extras.

We have a duck pond, place value barn, blossom/bee set, cup/pint/quart etc, and interactive multiplication strips. They aren't absolutely necessary, but they were helpful and I'd absolutely use them again.